The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tubular upper A arms group buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cggrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2014 at 1:53AM
Also interested if using stock cross shaft.  My car is a 1972.  How about lower arms?
madmaxtorino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zombie Killing Training Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2014 at 7:43AM
Basic plan of details: 

- tubular version of the factory control arm
- made to fit the factory cross-shaft
- lasered plate ball joint receiver 
- DOM tubing, 1.5 OD x .125 wall
- Urethane frame-side bushings, tapped for grease fittings
- balljoint moved towards rear to allow for higher caster angle (2-4 deg)

We can offer them raw and also powdercoated fine textured black for an additional $35 per set. (this is a choice we use for most suspension parts, looks good and is more rugged than other finishes)

We would make this an item on our website www.littleshopmfg.com, and set it for a $100 deposit for raw, and $135 for powdercoated. Each deposit made will lower the price for the group. We can report back every couple of days while it's happening with an updated list of who has made a deposit. There will be an agreed deadline for deposits, and that will set the price for everyone's parts.

Once deposits are made, we will build the sets. It's difficult to nail down exact times for various suppliers and stages of fabrication, but from the hip I'd guess something like this could be done start-to-finish in 4-6 weeks. 

Shipping would be a flat rate of $30.

Here's the schedule I have in mind. Prices are for 1 pair of control arms, ready to accept a new or existing balljoint.

1 - 450
2 - 445
3 - 440
4 - 435
5 - 430
6 - 425
7 - 420
8 - 415
9 - 410
10 - 405
11 - 400
12 - 395
13 - 390
14 - 385
15 - 380
16 - 375
17 - 370
18 - 365
19 - 360
20 - 355
21 - 350
22 - 345
23 - 340
24 - 335
25 - 330
26 - 325
27 - 320
28 - 315
29 - 310
30 - 305
31 - 300
32 - 295
33 - 290
34 - 285
35 - 280
36 - 275
37 - 270
38 - 265
39+ - 250

Let me know what they think about doing this, and what they think about time frame. I feel like this is a very competitive pricing structure considering these are a specialty low-volume part. 

--
Eric Saliba
Little Shop
www.littleshopmfg.com
@thelilshopmfg on IG

Edited by madmaxtorino - 08-January-2015 at 4:30PM
Allan
Revelation 6:8
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2014 at 2:40PM
No thanks, I'm out!
No where near enough benefit to warrant that cost!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2014 at 11:17AM
Keep this thread just for those who want to purchase the arms. Moved other post to a new topic about a arm tech. Thanks Allan.  I am getting two sets of the control arms made for myself. The main motivation behind getting this group  buy was to save myself some money because the bigger the order cheaper the parts. Many had expressed interest in the past about these arms and complained that no one would make them for our cars. The reason no one makes them is because there are not enough people to buy them. I wanted to try to change that! If you are interested but think 450 is two much, spread the word on other sites etc. that you frequent. These would also fit full size galaxies rancheros and many other fords. If we can get the word out and get 30 sets sold that makes them only 250 per set, which is very competitive to prices of other arms of big company's that fit generic motors! We have a company willing to make them and possibly branch off into lower arms and adjustable  strut rods if we can get the interest. If you are still interested at the price schedule above post a reply we are up to  two sets sold (mine). Thanks Allan

Edited by madmaxtorino - 24-December-2014 at 11:25AM
Allan
Billy C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2014 at 11:40AM
Nice.. That's fine. Thumbs Up I'm still interested in contributing by buying a set if it makes or breaks the deal. I'd say $400 is a little high personally but I'll stand by to see how things unfold. Big smile
-Billy Conturo
torinojon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinojon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2014 at 12:54PM
Is the for the uppers and lowers....one price for both...
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/uploads/3190/marti5.jpg
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2014 at 5:17PM
Originally posted by torinojon torinojon wrote:

Is the for the uppers and lowers....one price for both...
just uppers
Allan
cggrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cggrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2014 at 4:33AM
I'm in. Went to the little shop web site but couldn't find a way to do my deposit.

Did I miss something or are they doing it over the phone only?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2014 at 6:45AM
It is not on the website yet, just getting this going, I will contact him tomorrow and find out when deposits can start. Thanks Allan
Allan
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2014 at 7:45AM
Anyone else in now that we have pricing? More in, cheaper for everyone, Thanks Allan

Edited by madmaxtorino - 27-December-2014 at 7:46AM
Allan
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2014 at 8:30AM
don't get me wrong the prices quoted are not that steep considering,
but sadly it looks like i'll be salvaging from my stock-pile of junk

i'll 2nd the motion to garner more interest from far & wide across the internet,
there is a big Galaxie crowd, does this app also cover the 70/71 Torino/Montego/Cyclone/Cougars?

Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

NASCAR used a 65 Galaxie-based front suspension for years...  

but 1st, are we sure this custom order doesn't duplicate something that's already in production, in stock / on the shelf?

I took a look on the Summit site & they have a multitude of cross shaft dimensions to pick from, my stuff is in hibernation so I can't get any measurements to research any further. Summit may not be the best place to look either, maybe a Allstar, Speedway or another dirt track vendor might have them listed
72 GT Ute

Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2014 at 8:43AM
Parts were available for the nascar-type clip back in the 80s. It was often referred to as a "Holman-Moody" suspension, but I'm not finding anything online by that name. 
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2014 at 9:01AM
I was thinkin Holman Moody too

Questions or Orders, call (704)583-2888 or Contact Us via Email  Fax number (704)583-2890

Edited by Rockatansky - 27-December-2014 at 10:46AM
72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2014 at 9:41AM
Those arms in the pic don't even mount the same as a stock torino.  Dual shocks not inside the spring. Loosely based on the stock set up maybe but nothing that would work on a real stock car. I still need this thread for people interested in buying these a arms. That is why I started the other thread. Thanks Allan
Allan
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2015 at 12:20PM
http://www.littleshopmfg.com/upper-control-arm-pair-group-buy-deposit/

Here is the link to make the deposits for the control arms. They are taking deposits until Jan 17th and will start building them on Feb 1st. This may be our only time to get these manufactured, so if you are considering please order by Jan  17th! Thanks Allan 
Allan
torinojon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinojon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2015 at 2:55PM
so whats the bottom line on price wright now....
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/uploads/3190/marti5.jpg
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2015 at 3:47PM
Originally posted by torinojon torinojon wrote:

so whats the bottom line on price wright now....
He is gonna keep me updated on how many are ordered along the way and I will post it when he does. I don't know how many have been ordered yet.
Allan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2015 at 4:04PM
is the Ranchero site aware of the group buy?

it probably won't make a difference in whether or not a guy here jumps in or not but there might be a couple guys or more over there that are All In right from the start, it'd be nice to let them know it's going on. it could mean like getting free shipping from where GTS.org would be on it's own?
72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2015 at 4:15PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

is the Ranchero site aware of the group buy?

it probably won't make a difference in whether or not a guy here jumps in or not but there might be a couple guys or more over there that are All In right from the start, it'd be nice to let them know it's going on. it could mean like getting free shipping from where GTS.org would be on it's own?
If you are on that site let them know please! Thanks Allan
Allan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2015 at 10:18AM
PM response sent... no I'm not registered there

hopefully aquartlow Todd can spread the word

and feel free to clean up this thread if you like Cool
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic