The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uante's New '73

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geno8769 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 1:44PM
Nice ride..
1973 GTS "Q" Motor
2013 F150 CC 5.0 4x4 XLT
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2009 at 2:35PM
looks great now with the wheels even!
Glad I could help.

Now just let me get those 15X10s for my 72.
I have set of 295/50/15s waiting for them.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2009 at 2:41AM
What size tires are you using?
Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,SVT LIGHTNING,07 CHARGER R/T HEMI,97 Mustang GT Vert

"Never complain Never explain"
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2009 at 3:29AM
I'm using 235/60/15 on 7" rims in front and 255/60/15 on 8.5" rims for the rear. I originally put 275/60/15 on the 10" rims in the back to mimic my first car, but since the car is all stock and I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep it yet, I decided to go with wheels that "fit" and won't "hit"! I know with the airshocks I have on there, I could jack it up so they wouldn't hit, but didn't really care for the rear end that high.   
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2009 at 11:18AM
You know a 295/50-15 would look cool with 10" wheels too. And you wouldn't have to jack the rear end up. They are about an inch shorter than 275/60-15 and 1" wider 12.2 versus 11" your car looks good either way!

Edited by Torinogts73c - 06-September-2009 at 11:19AM
Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,SVT LIGHTNING,07 CHARGER R/T HEMI,97 Mustang GT Vert

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2009 at 2:17PM
HEY HEY HEY, don't give him any ideas!
I want the 15X10s for that reason on my 72!

ok that was humor, maybe?

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2009 at 1:47AM
OOOPS !!! LOL

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2009 at 3:16AM
i have 275/60/15 on it now but i want the 295/50s on it.

that is what I run on my Dakota.
Futura's from Pep Boys.
LOVE EM!!!
Right now I let the guys at Peerless talk me into their own brand 295/50's HATE EM!!
Thats fo another thread when I can post pics... but lets just say, I drive my Dakota HARD and the peerless tires have road scrub half way down the sidewalls!!! Futura's NEVER did that!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Flipvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2009 at 10:25AM

Nice looking Torino !

Like the color..... LOL !

Flip.
Gran Torino'73 Wagon, 351c, Goldglow, sportsmirrors, sportscluster, cold airc., Bi-fuel: Petrol+Propane(LPG), Pertronix ignitor1, 2 Oxygen Sensors and a daily driver !
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2009 at 10:57AM
I can see why you think the color is nice! lol

Well if I decide to put money into it and keep it, I'll most likely paint it white. That was the goal anyway when I got it..."The Rebirth of the High School Car"
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 10:30AM
I got the "New" trunk emblem installed today. When I bought the car I was disappointed to find the original emblem had a broken base and the badge was missing from the top piece. Pretty happy with it now though and it's is a mixture of three different ones. The base plate is from one I bought from Blue Oval, the top piece (because it was in much better shape than the Blue Oval one) is what was on the car originally, and the Red Badge I got out of a front grille emblem I got from ebay. Just boiled the glue loose and it came right out. 
Borrowed an air rivet installer from the guys across the way and zapped in a couple of rivets and it's done for now!
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 10:59AM
Looks nice!  I love fixing the little pieces...
~Chris
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 11:47AM
I love having to only fix the little pieces! lol
But I'm sure that won't last!
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
Gregs72Sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 5:43PM
I am doing the high school car as well. In 1979 my Dad gave me his 1972 Gran Torino. Of course as time went by the Gran Torino was sold for "better newer cars". About a year and a half ago I found one here close to where I live. Bought it from the original owner. I am now transforming it into my high school car. Same color paint. Same type tires. I even have a Kraco AM/FM cassette and power booster to put into it to give it that 1979 touch. Of course I will give it some engine upgrades I couldnt afford back then and I did remove the side trim pieces that my original 72 still had. I never really liked those side trim pieces even back then. I still have pictures from way back then where I drew over those trim pieces with a blue pen to see how it would look. Ah memories. 
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-September-2009 at 5:56PM
Originally posted by Gregs72Sport Gregs72Sport wrote:

I am doing the high school car as well. In 1979 my Dad gave me his 1972 Gran Torino. Of course as time went by the Gran Torino was sold for "better newer cars". About a year and a half ago I found one here close to where I live. Bought it from the original owner. I am now transforming it into my high school car. Same color paint. Same type tires. I even have a Kraco AM/FM cassette and power booster to put into it to give it that 1979 touch. Of course I will give it some engine upgrades I couldnt afford back then and I did remove the side trim pieces that my original 72 still had. I never really liked those side trim pieces even back then. I still have pictures from way back then where I drew over those trim pieces with a blue pen to see how it would look. Ah memories. 

That sounds cool Greg. I'm having a lot of fun with my car. In fact I'm going tomorrow to the place where I took that picture at the beginning of this thread and take a "30 years" later picture! Should be interesting.
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 4:36AM
What a great idea! The 30 years later pictures should be fun. Thats the fun of these old cars that are like our firsts. They are like a time machine. When we drive them we are 18 and carefree again. Any chance you can find the old girlfriend and ask her to lean on this Torino for the pictures! Sounds like your young at heart! Good luck and keep sharing! Greg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 4:51AM
  In my case that would be my ex-wife! Don't think wife# 2 would like it! haha Thumbs Down

Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 5:16AM
Actually not a bad idea. I know that girl still lives here and when I talked to her a few years ago, she said she was still cute and thin. Hmmmmm. Can't do it today, but might be interesting idea to pursue. 
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 12:04PM
Its funny I am still friends with some of my old girlfriends from high school. Its amazing all the people you can find thanks to places like Classmates and Facebook. What a trip that you have talked to that girl recently. I just thought that would be the perfect photo. Then and now. 
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2009 at 12:41PM
Here's the shot. Wow...30 years later. Same place, same person, different car unfortunately...but still cool! Cool
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Panel Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic