The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Window/rubber seal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window/rubber seal
    Posted: 03-July-2011 at 12:51AM
Just wondering whether any one has any tips in getting a good glass seal on the rubber. I find there is alot of air getting in when on the highway. Seems the driver side glass needs to be angled in more and more horizontal. I believe you back off the window stabilizers to get better seal for rubber but how to get glass vertical. At the moment tilts forward by a few mm? The only problem with backing off the window stabilizers is loose window when its down.
Cheers
Damo
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2011 at 7:45AM
You have to adjust the tracks for pitch/angle of the glass and adjust your window stops which adjusts the verticle travel of how far the glass rolls up and sits against the top roof channel seal
Damo70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2011 at 2:07PM
Thanks for that, will try it tonight. I replaced the door hinge bushes so the door is no longer sagging so that too is why the angle has changed I believe. Thanks for your help.
Damian
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2011 at 5:13PM
No problem that is what makes this place so great,members with knowledge sharing it with those who have questions.I get help often with things I am not well experienced with so I share my knowledge when I can to help others.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2011 at 3:15PM
Ok final got a chance to pull my door panel off and refresh my memory on the Torino window slide.There is a round rod about 1/2 inch diameter and the window glass has an adjustable brackeyt that is slotted and you adjust the window angle by moving the bracket in or out then there is a stop that adjusts the veticle travel to make it seal tight against the top seal but not to tight so that the door won't shut good
 Post Reply Post Reply