The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'69 rear deck shelf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wonkapete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '69 rear deck shelf
    Posted: 11-July-2013 at 8:11AM
Hey everybody!  I am about to pull my parents '69 Torino out of the shed where it's sat for 25 years.  Already making a list of parts to get it back on the road.  The rear deck shelf is sun baked and rotted.  I'm not having any luck finding that piece anywhere.  Does anybody carry it or do I have to make one?  Thanks!!

GTS73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTS73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2013 at 9:54AM
Are you talking the package tray? I got one for my '68 from these guys:

68-69 is the same part number and it'll run you $69.99+. Tried making one of my own, twice, and it just looked terrible.. but my original was beyond rotten as well and made for a terrible template. If I try to make one again using this as a template, I would recommend a large rubber mat about 1/4" thick. Maybe you'll have better luck?

I sprayed it with rubberized undercoating, then trunk splatter, and it looks great :)

Edited by GTS73 - 11-July-2013 at 10:01AM
-Keith

`04 Wrangler Sport
`73 Gran Torino - sold :(
`68 Torino GT Fastback
 Post Reply Post Reply