The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

70 Torino Rear Glass Seal Fastback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Torino Rear Glass Seal Fastback
    Posted: 10-July-2022 at 7:24PM
Hi Guys,
I am chasing up a rear window seal for my Torino here in Aus. I see Macs and Ecklers have them but none in stock.
If anyone else knows where i can get one please let me know or if someone knows the Rubber Profile of the item that would be great for i might be able to get a match here in Aus for a lot of our Ford local parts come from Vehicle made in the states.
Body Type is a 63F
With Thanks
IvanSmile
1970 Ford Torino GT in Aus
1980 Corvette
1975 Holden HJ Station Wagon "My Dads"
Wayner315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wayner315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2022 at 3:23AM
"Rubber the Right Way" is a random site i found a while ago that i was planning on ordering my door seals from. They appear to show rear window seals. There may be other rubber suppliers, but that's the one i had flagged.
72 Gran Torino formal roof Brougham
Dubster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2022 at 11:06AM
Thanks Wayner315,
I had a look and they don't seem to have one for the Torino GT fastback type 63, but they have lots of other rubber for my car that i have been chasing Thumbs Up
1980 Corvette
Wayner315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayner315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2022 at 11:35AM
Glad it was at least a little helpful. Prices didn't seem too bad, but like I said I haven't shopped around much.
72 Gran Torino formal roof Brougham
mat pasch View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat pasch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2022 at 9:24AM
I tried them for a 1970 formal roof window seal, and when you call they don't have it. They told me to try manufacturer -" Denis Carpenter Reproduction', and they don't have in stock either and don't think they will make more.  Im in the same boat trying to find one.  I hade one on order with Muscle cars and classics and it was on backorder till - forever, they refunded me after 3 months of it not coming in.

Mat

Dubster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2022 at 9:31AM
Hi Guys, i am still having problems chasing down a rear seal for the Torino and found all suppliers in the US NZ and Aus are out of stock with no known re supply date. I am chasing a D00Z-6542084-A but found a part number C80Z-6542084-A its out of a 68 69 Fairlane / Torino does anyone know if this would fit. I think the body type is #65 where my Torino is a #63 but i thought they might still use the same glass.
I hope all are well and thanks for reading.
Cheers Ivan
1980 Corvette
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2022 at 11:00PM
That is the seal for a formal roof Torino, so I highly doubt it will fit. The fact that Ford used a different part number confirms this, as they would just continue with the old part number if it interchanged.  Further this listing at Dennis Carpenter shows it only fits 68 to 69 formal roof cars.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Dubster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2022 at 8:50AM
Thanks for the info Vince,
I was just hoping it might fit the lack of supply is holding up my progress of the car.
Cheers Ivan Smile
1980 Corvette
 Post Reply Post Reply