The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guilf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 Headers
    Posted: 05-February-2004 at 9:45PM
Looking for full length headers for a 72 Gran Torino Sport with a 351c 4v. Must accomodate manual transmission and power steering. Useable condition only. I do know that Hooker part #6203 will work. If anyone has a pair, please let me know. Thanks.
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2004 at 6:16AM
i had a 72 with a top loader in it and i counld not find any hedders too to fit, the last tube towards that back would hit the pedal z-bar(not sure if it the right name) so the clutch would only go about half way down, i took it too a weilding chop they moved the tube forward(from a set of hedders for a automatic) so the linkage could clear and it worked fine after that!!!have you tryed too see if theres a mustang type engine tranny combo that might work, allot of these companys say thier hedders interchnge between body sytles! good luck, hope it helps!
1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
guilf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guilf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2004 at 11:35PM

That's what I was afraid of. I haven't tried the Mustang route, but that may be worth a shot. Thanks.

Is there anyone out there that has been able to find headers off the rack for a 72 351c 4v, 4 speed?

OleDutchD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OleDutchD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2004 at 5:30PM
Although I have no personal experience with this vendor, I've heard positive comments from others who have, so you may try giving these guys a call. They list '72-'76 Torino headers for 351C 2V & 4V motors. I don't know about 4-spd compatibility but I'm sure they could answer that for you:

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/Headers.htm

Hope this helps,

Kevin
Just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2004 at 4:23AM

Hooker headers super comps fit.  they are pricey, but they do fit.  sa a set on a 73 "Q" code torino at woodward cruise last year and they fit quite nicely.  guy said they were Hookers.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply