The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

c4 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose0211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: c4 question
    Posted: 27-August-2010 at 8:26AM
Yesterday, after coming home from the body guy, the Torino decided to spew all of its transmission fluid on the driveway. I am trying to figure out where the leak is coming from. On top of the transmission there is a nut looking thing that is very loose and just turns like a stripped bolt. Is that supposed to be there? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
-Lou and Brad
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2010 at 8:33AM
That's the vent if I remember right. It should be like that. 

Check where the dipstick tube goes into the case. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
bluecollar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluecollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2010 at 10:47AM
Yeah thats definatly the vent...how long of a drive was it? were you drivin her hard?  its possible maybe the trans overheated and puked out the fluid from the vent??? happened to my old bronco mind you i was workin her hard tryin to pull a buddy out of a hole LOL
I would just try and clean up best as possible top up fluid and run her to see if you see anymore leaks!
Git-R-Done
moose0211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moose0211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2010 at 11:32AM
It was about a 20-25 minute ride and I didn't get on her hard except for once when a acura was riding me, left them speechlessLOL. If that overheated it, I am going to be installing a cooler pronto. Tomorrow I am going to fill her back up and see if there are any more leaks.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2010 at 11:38AM
Check your lines and radiator to ensure no kinks, clogs, etc to ensure good flow for the radiator to cool it.

You COULD pick up one of those glass universal fuel filters and slip it in the line to see the flow.

Would also DEFINATELY recommend a tranny cooler of some sort.
I am not going to run my fluid through the radiator at all.

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply