The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross6860 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet
    Posted: 20-April-2013 at 12:44PM
Lots of places sell auto interior carpet.

Anyone have a favorite vendor?

The mook that installed the floor-shifter cut a two foot slit in the carpet.  I'm pulling the console because the shifter is way too far forward for my reach (and I'm 5'10")

Obviously looking for something that actually fits.  Don't mind paying for quality.

Thanks 
1974 Gran Torino
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2013 at 12:59PM
I'm going to go with http://www.stockinteriors.com/

Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2013 at 1:29PM
stockinteriors has top quaility carpet made by ACC.Thumbs Up.check out my carpet install in my project update.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
wideone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wideone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2013 at 3:26PM
I got mine from stock interiors also.  It was also made by ACC.  I got the heavy rubber backing and it fell right in place. Very satisfied with the fast service and product. 
iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2013 at 1:11AM
ACC is the way to go. Order it NOT trimmed so it gives you some extra material to make the fit that much better.
I got mine through 1A.
BTW ALL of my Black interior is still up for grabs. New carpet, new headliner, new arm rests installed on the sport door panels, new arm rest on the console, new seat covers yet to be installed and more.

Edited by iangj - 21-April-2013 at 1:13AM
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2013 at 4:26AM
Almost all sell ACC carpet.I used someone out of N.J. Also recommend the heaver pile carpet.
Ross6860 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross6860 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2013 at 10:22AM
Sounds like ACC is the way to go.

Just got a call my drivers seat is done.  The seatback was bent and twisted and I was sitting on my tailbone instead of my butt.  Hope the stock seats work or it's off to find something I can live with.

Now I need to reposition the shifter before the new carpet comes...
1974 Gran Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply