The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

edlebrock carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parking69lot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: edlebrock carb
    Posted: 10-March-2014 at 3:06PM
any one on here know anything about edlebrock carbs? i know this one is not on my torino, but i just bought a 74 f250 crew cab with a 390, it has a supposedly brand new edlebrock performer manifold and edlebrock carb. they both look new but it is running way to rich . im not sure of the size of the carb because when i try to look up size they say the number should be 1406 or 1407 or something in that range but my carb has a number 4806s  9167. im thinking this is still a 600 cfm like the 1406 would be but i cant find a number like mine on edlebrocks website? iv always had fords and always ran holly carbs so im not to sure on whats going on with it but for a new carb it runs like sh*t, if i cant figure it out soon im going to go buy another holly.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2014 at 3:26PM
make sure you have the numbers right & call edelbrock, could be a reman?

here's where the numbers are

it should be easy to tune once you have the info to work with

Edited by Rockatansky - 10-March-2014 at 3:28PM
72 GT Ute

BadHabit351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadHabit351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2014 at 8:01AM
Edelbrock's are way easier for me to tune than Holley's. My opinion is that once you get your Edelbrock dialed in, you'll not have to touch it again.
1973/72 Gran Torino Sport
1971 Torino GT convertilble
2013 Ford Fusion
2004 Ford SuperDuty
2013 Mustang GT
 Post Reply Post Reply