The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fastener Help - Lower Rear Extension Panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fastener Help - Lower Rear Extension Panel
    Posted: 22-May-2022 at 12:15PM
Looking to see if anyone has photos or source online for a couple of fasteners that attach the lower extension panel that fits below the bumper on a 1972-73 Montego. The part #'s shown on the attached diagram do not show up anywhere online. Looked also in the Ford Fastener 1955-73 catalog & AMK books / website. Believe its a carriage-type bolt & nut but not certain. I highlighted what I need to locate - thanks for any leads.

1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2022 at 2:36PM
Macs makes them…on eBay quite often too
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2022 at 4:11PM
@Lynchster just installed his not too long ago and I think Eliteman had the link for them. They are definitely available at auto krafters.
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2022 at 1:54PM
Order the ones listed for the 70-71 Torino. They are identical.
I even located the four original ones I removed from my car 15 years ago and compared them. 👍
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2022 at 10:49PM
Would this be the correct fastener? Mine are missing / misplaced & I cannot remember exactly what they looked like. This is from AMK website for 1971 Torino rear valence part # 383076-S36  

1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2022 at 4:39AM
Those are the ones.
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2022 at 12:08PM
Awesome - thanks again everyone! I'm sure the rear valence on my Montego was off at some point and the hardware used to reattach were carriage bolts (which I finally tracked down last night in the garage). I was pretty sure that was not factory as the valence had movement and was actually too low on the drivers side and was sitting on top of the tailpipe. Hopefully the new ones will have that corrected.
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
 Post Reply Post Reply