The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally came back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally came back
    Posted: 01-September-2022 at 7:21AM
Hello all,

I am finally back after many years hiatus. I was pleased to see that my profile still existed and that I remembered my password.

It has been a rough road for my Torinos, the 73 has had the heads done twice and the bottom end once since I was last on here. It now has some electrical gremlins which weren't solved by replacing the fusibile link off the solenoid with an in-line fuse (which was an issue that would cut all power after about 5 minutes runnning). It was my daily driver up until about 5 years ago, and should still be in that condition aside from the new electrical issues.

The 72 is now running and has working brakes, but still needs a lot of love to be realistically streetable.

I will probably semi-lurk on here as I now have a wife and kids, but may chime in from time to time.

I am always on the hunt for parts, and am awaiting a 74 formal roof to arrive at the junkyard next week that I was told was coming in. In the meantime, if anybody is looking for something specific off a 76 Elite send me a PM as they have one in their yard, but they are generally charging too much for parts on old cars, and the roof is super rusty on that one (but it has opera windows).

I don't want to schill something on my first post back, but I use a junkyard search engine which has helped me many times over the years. I may have learned about it on here, but again I am not a salesperson so I won't tout it in this post, even though it's a free service to find places that have what you want and I would make no money from it.

I mainly don't want to do that since I believe at some point when I was working nights I had to power on here to remove the cheesy sales and spam posts.

Any way, hello again and see you around!
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2022 at 7:58AM
Welcome back!

Do you have photos of your cars in one of the threads?  Cool that you have several Torinos!

-Chris
Chris
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2022 at 12:30PM
Welcome back!  Thanks for the update and hope to hear more.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2022 at 9:33AM

Edit:The 72, somewhat as it sits now, hood is on though

hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2022 at 2:11PM
Hey!!!!!! Look who’s back!!!!!!
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2022 at 4:37PM
Hagerty finds parts too. I am sure I have read your threads and enjoyed them. 
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2022 at 3:47AM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2022 at 9:49AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

Someone has to do it...

HI THERE 

or up your nose with a rubber hose, if you prefer that.

Or the not the year I have but the real thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGP4T1ru4nU
 Post Reply Post Reply