The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Floor pan panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor pan panels
    Posted: 04-May-2021 at 11:05AM
o my donor car has rusted through floor also. Has anyone used floor pan panels from this company? Opinions?

Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2021 at 12:50PM
I ordered 1 panel as a test. It will be a couple of weeks. Will see what it looks like. 
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2021 at 3:09PM
   There is a thread on floor pans. I believe the guy used Mustang floor pan pieces.  Look forward to your results. Take a bunch of pictures. We love pics.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2021 at 3:06AM
Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

There is a thread on floor pans. I believe the guy used Mustang floor pan pieces.  Look forward to your results. Take a bunch of pictures. We love pics.

Here ya go:

Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2021 at 9:24PM
from what i understand the c2c pans are like the ones i bought for my car NOT stamped just bent in a brake with angled corners NOT curved!!! was a waste of $$$
the mustang pans are stamped and can be trimmed and made to work!
i did a rear section in my buddy's torino using the mustang pan section that i didn't use for my mustang they are wider since mustangs are unibody and don't have the frame channel like the torinos which are a little narrower due to the full frame, therefore making the pan width smaller !!!

yes i've measured and done it

contrary to what "mr. expert bodyman" who thinks he knows it all and nobody else knows or any skills but him Angry who BTW has been banned from here for life! so he had to start his own FB pages LOL sorry but i've dealt with his asshat narcissistic  attitude as well as mis leading people on parts that are wrong and won't fit!!! on FB
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 2:41AM
interesting let use know how they are. my 79 ranchero needs them. They only show through 76, wonder the difference.
anchovieMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchovieMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 3:05AM
John, who is this "expert body man"? Im in a lot of the facebook pages.
Jayden
mkshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 3:17AM
Oh no. I had become blissfully ignorant of that expert body man. Please don't remind us all.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually UNinventing the wheel"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 4:05AM
Originally posted by anchovieMAN anchovieMAN wrote:

I would guess he is referring to "Guest" on here.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 6:08AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

from what i understand the c2c pans are like the ones i bought for my car NOT stamped just bent in a brake with angled corners NOT curved!!! was a waste of $$$
the mustang pans are stamped and can be trimmed and made to work!
i did a rear section in my buddy's torino using the mustang pan section that i didn't use for my mustang they are wider since mustangs are unibody and don't have the frame channel like the torinos which are a little narrower due to the full frame, therefore making the pan width smaller !!!

I wonder if Chevelle floor pans would work, since it's BOF and similar in size?  There are multiple years to choose from too, the 64-67, 68-72 and the 73-77.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 11:37AM
Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

I would guess he is referring to "Guest" on here.
DON'T say "Guest" 3 Times.
You think Beetlejuice was a pain in the azz?
Mr. K-e-w-l...something about a pineapple in a location where sunlight is lacking...
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2021 at 1:37PM

i'll pm you... we don't speak his name on hereOuch
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2021 at 4:22PM
I'd like to just keep the "Guest" topic to a minimum. 
What happened back then, it's history and no need to drag things up. 

Anyways. Discussing floor pans.

Realistically, metal is metal guys and sometimes you have to adapt and overcome things.

If you can't find an exact replacement, IE, trunk floor pans, look to our nearest competitor, the 70-72 Chevelle, or Oldsmobile Cutlass.
Now I know some of you are like "Woah woah WOAAAHHH, I said WOAH"

Fear not. The floor pans are a reasonable close piece and hot rodding and restoration work sometimes just means...three magical little words:
Chop
Cut 
Weld
Most often let's be honest, we are never going to be in a pebble beach situation. Concours? That is most like a Boss Mustang Shelby Mustang crowd thing.

We own torinos. Therefore, we actually use our cars and drive them. 
(And occasionally go down a road that looks ok and you slide off into a muddy ditch and caveman your way out of it, driving an 1/8th mile in reverse.)
Anyway....I digress.

Steel is steel. Look to see what is out there and adapt as needed.

As I have said...You can find a crown vic for a floor pan. Or mustang floor pans for patching the footwell areas and welding the seat bracing back in.
Remember, the best tool you have for repairs is the one in your head, and using that to learn from others. And other's mistakes.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2021 at 5:32PM
Cooler heads prevail.
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2021 at 2:17AM
Well said Clap
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2021 at 4:53AM
Laughed my head all the way through this post!! Thanks, I NEEDED thatLOL

LOL
Originally posted by Eliteman76 Eliteman76 wrote:

I'd like to just keep the "Guest" topic to a minimum. 
What happened back then, it's history and no need to drag things up. 

Anyways. Discussing floor pans.

Realistically, metal is metal guys and sometimes you have to adapt and overcome things.

If you can't find an exact replacement, IE, trunk floor pans, look to our nearest competitor, the 70-72 Chevelle, or Oldsmobile Cutlass.
Now I know some of you are like "Woah woah WOAAAHHH, I said WOAH"

Fear not. The floor pans are a reasonable close piece and hot rodding and restoration work sometimes just means...three magical little words:
Chop
Cut 
Weld
Most often let's be honest, we are never going to be in a pebble beach situation. Concours? That is most like a Boss Mustang Shelby Mustang crowd thing.

We own torinos. Therefore, we actually use our cars and drive them. 
(And occasionally go down a road that looks ok and you slide off into a muddy ditch and caveman your way out of it, driving an 1/8th mile in reverse.)
Anyway....I digress.

Steel is steel. Look to see what is out there and adapt as needed.

As I have said...You can find a crown vic for a floor pan. Or mustang floor pans for patching the footwell areas and welding the seat bracing back in.
Remember, the best tool you have for repairs is the one in your head, and using that to learn from others. And other's mistakes.

1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
 Post Reply Post Reply