The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Tools & Shop Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sawzall addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sawzall addition
    Posted: 30-May-2018 at 3:18PM
Well, after almost 30 years of use, my old Milwaukee sawzall is wearing out. Found a deal of a set of new DeWalt cordless power tools and a sawzall was included in the set. Used it today and...WOW, what a difference. Plenty of power, no more horrible vibration, and it did not feel like it was 200 degrees on the body of the unit.

If anyone is interested, this kit has 7 power tools, 3 batteries, charger, and a large rolling case. Over $1,000 worth of tools for $499. Online at Home Depot.Com

Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2018 at 3:34PM
Awww! They're so cute when they're that age! What are you going to name it?
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2018 at 7:59PM
72 GT Ute

changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 1:22AM
Interesting.....how long does the battery last when using this sawzall on full tilt boogie?
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 4:06AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Well, after almost 30 years of use, my old Milwaukee sawzall is wearing out. Found a deal of a set of new DeWalt cordless power tools and a sawzall was included in the set. Used it today and...WOW, what a difference. Plenty of power, no more horrible vibration, and it did not feel like it was 200 degrees on the body of the unit.

If anyone is interested, this kit has 7 power tools, 3 batteries, charger, and a large rolling case. Over $1,000 worth of tools for $499. Online at Home Depot.Com

I just bought a DeWalt hammer drill because it was the only one made(assembled) in USA. Also, I hear they have repair facilities for your DeWalt tools as well. Lot's to learn about this company.
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2018 at 9:37AM
Originally posted by fordismyboss fordismyboss wrote:

Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

I just bought a DeWalt hammer drill because it was the only one made(assembled) in USA. Also, I hear they have repair facilities for your DeWalt tools as well. Lot's to learn about this company.

I've been using DeWalt stuff since the early 2000's. absolutely love 'em.  And there is one of the outlet/repair shops 5 minutes from where I'm staying in Florida.  Good service, great tools.
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
79 Thunderbird Town Landau
02 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 4:46PM

This is the kit. Comes with a rolling carry box with plenty of room for accessories.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 4:50PM
I've used the sawzall, hammer drill, impact driver and flashlight so far. Very happy with the performance. The tool that was, in my opinion, the least desirable was the flashlight. However, after using it for quite a while in an unlit room to connect up a compressed air system, I am a huge fan.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2018 at 5:40PM
damn joe, i feel unworthyLOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2018 at 5:00PM
I was using Porter Cable drills that were probably 10 years old that finally gave up.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2018 at 8:26PM
i prefer makita myself they last! but the dewalt stuff is just as nice Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2018 at 12:42PM
Forget the radios, they het maybe 4 channels on FM and same on AM. They are an extra charger basically. Milwaukee has them beat.
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2018 at 12:11AM
Actually, that's how I used to get My radio on site.Big smile  "I know radios aren't allowed on this jobsite, but it's My ONLY charger!"LOL
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2018 at 2:28AM
The only reason I use dewalt cordless tools is the sawzall can rotate the blade 90 degrees to cut flush to a floor or wall. I am a plumber and they are handy. My home kit is Milwaukee.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2018 at 4:31PM
Avoid the radios. Unless you like only getting 3 or four channels.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2018 at 12:35PM
My employer has us using Ryobi.
Pretty much a single-use disposable tool.
(Of course, that attitude is frowned upon...)
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2018 at 6:40AM
Joe, you are living up to your monkier of "Sawzall Joe".
Personally I'm a mix. Been using my same Industrial Craftsman plugin sawzall...if it gives you any idea, it's "MADE IN USA" manufactured which might explain why it's still running strong...back when Sears used to have good quality tools made for them.

I'm in desperate need to update my cordless set.
I've had the same 19.2V set of Craftsman cordless tools but all my batteries are pooched and basically don't hold a charge.
Leaning towards Milwaukee but damn.

Then again...I've lusted after Hilti and their industrial cordless offerings. So tasty...but good lord your wallet will hurt buying their stuff. 

Right now I'm so torn. I want to just get the lithium batteries and charger...keep my craftsman stuff going...but Sears is in the dumpster and their batteries are so freaking expensive! 
I tend to want to have 3-4 batteries and at $130 a pop...plus a new charger...might as well purchase a new Milwaukee kit.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2018 at 6:47AM
72 GT Ute

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2018 at 10:35AM
Originally posted by Eliteman76 Eliteman76 wrote:

Personally I'm a mix. Been using my same Industrial Craftsman plugin sawzall...if it gives you any idea, it's "MADE IN USA" manufactured which might explain why it's still running strong...back when Sears used to have good quality tools made for them.

I've had the same 19.2V set of Craftsman cordless tools but all my batteries are pooched and basically don't hold a charge.

Then again...I've lusted after Hilti and their industrial cordless offerings. So tasty...but good lord your wallet will hurt buying their stuff. 

Right now I'm so torn. I want to just get the lithium batteries and charger...keep my craftsman stuff going...but Sears is in the dumpster and their batteries are so freaking expensive! 
I tend to want to have 3-4 batteries and at $130 a pop...plus a new charger...might as well purchase a new Milwaukee kit.

Andrew,
 Go with the Milwaukee and never look back. I bought a 18v Fuel hammer drill/impact driver w/ 5AH batteries set about 3 years ago and have kept adding since, never lets me down(I like it so much I actually purchased a second set to keep in my warehouse). I also purchased their 18v Fuel 7 1/4" circular saw with 9.0 AH battery about 2 years ago(used it to frame decks/docks/concrete forms and etc) and hardly use my Makita corded circular saw any more unless I am doing long rips in PT 2X material. I purchased their 18v Fuel reciprocating saw, don't use my corded Milwaukee Super-Sawzall much any more and it's a beast. I was in your situation with my Dewalt tools, wanting newer battery tech but had to make the switch due to differences in their new tools and the associated batteries not working in their older tools. Still have corded 12" miter and 10" table saws, probably never go battery on those but battery tech is changing everyday or so. Good luck in whatever you choose.    

Edited by aquartlow - 31-October-2018 at 10:36AM
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2018 at 1:44PM
Originally posted by Eliteman76 Eliteman76 wrote:

If batteries are your only issue, you have options.  Check Ebay, a lot of outfits offer repop batteries fairly cheap for the older stuff.  

The other option is a bit more complex.  If you've ever taken one of the packs apart, they're really just a bunch of NiCad "C" cells, which you can pick up online, or locally if you have R/C hobby shops in your area.  I believe some of them sell a tool for putting the battery packs together.  I soldiered mine with bits of aluminum, but you get the idea.  Keep your old plug and frame, replace the old cells.
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2018 at 2:31PM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2018 at 12:11AM
There you go!Big smile
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
 Post Reply Post Reply