The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > Parts Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any BROKEN '72 grilles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any BROKEN '72 grilles?
    Posted: 24-November-2018 at 8:04AM
Any body have any BROKEN '72 Gran Torino or Ranchero grilles that are otherwise un-useable? Or BROKEN surrounds? I need some for experimentation/measurement/etc purposes.

Thanks,

Dave Fox
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2019 at 2:59PM
Bump
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2019 at 1:09PM
Bump
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2019 at 12:44AM
Bump--shattered, busted, broken, in pieces is what I'm looking for
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2019 at 5:04AM
I've been in the same position, needing a small piece from a broken grill to repair mine.  I lately came across 2 1972 grills that have a small amount of damage.  I almost hate to cut one up since they are nice as well but that time has come.  I plan to cut one up for myself and can cut out other pieces if anybody needs to repair their own 72 grill.  Send a pic of what you need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2019 at 5:57AM
I have several grilles that need parts.... one needs extensive work..... when you’re done, let me know and maybe we can talk about the remaining pieces

Dave
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2020 at 7:43AM
Here are my 3 grills.  Top the original off my 72 GTS.  There is a single slat missing I will repair then mask up the grill to paint the small slats dark argent.  The middle is one out of a junk yard I also plan to repair with a single slat missing.  The last is one I just cut that I plan on keeping the small piece for future repairs.  I can mail the larger piece or cut out a section for you.  Just pay shipping and forward to other members if you have pieces left over.

One observation on the cut up grill.  Appears to be original from factory, never repainted.  The dark argent (only on Sport models) painted on the small slats only shows on top.  If you look from the bottom the small slats are light argent.  This one was only sprayed from the top.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2020 at 11:37AM
norm, both pieces will be a huge help. 
I sent a private message!

DAVE FOX
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
Piotra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2020 at 2:29AM
Hi,
I had similar problem with my grille. However, my friend fix it for me. Grille was 3d scanned and then missing parts were 3d printed. It look really good. It seems that nowadays it is easy to fix such grille. It is better solution as you can print exactly you want and you do not have to destroy another grille. The pictures "before" and "after" you can see here on first page:

Peter
jhutch33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhutch33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2020 at 11:53AM
I need a 72 GTS grill surround piece. If someone has one that isn't broken I would be grateful to buy it. Mine has a small piece broken out of it, so I just want to replace it with one that isn't broken or cracked.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2023 at 4:45PM
Time to check again.....anyone have any broken/damaged grilles?  I’m looking for one that I can harvest donor Pieces out of....

Thanks, 
Dave Fox
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2023 at 3:43AM
Has anyone yet tried to 3D print any of the pieces? I've brought up the thought in a 3D printing thread, but the large size of the grille is too big to consider doing the entire thing. Some machines may be able to print half of a grille, but at least the small pieces could be made.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2023 at 7:31AM
I kind of think Pyotr did for his, but I like to original pieces.... and I know there’s enough broken ones out there, not useable but someone doesn’t want to toss  “because someone might be able use it some how.......”that person would be me :)
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-March-2023 at 8:32AM
I wish you good luck and that you find one. I had my spare front end stored in my back yard 20 years ago setting along my back fence. I had a neighbor with a great grandson staying with her, 6-8 year old boys are mischievous. I found him one day walking on my 72 fenders and the grille section was between them. He had managed to tightrope on the bumper without falling onto the grille, or stepping on or through it. I scolded him and later stored them under my deck. Happily all he broke was one fender turn signal lens, at least the fenders were strong enough to support a little boy.

I'd love to see a 3D printed grille for any car, but I suspect the surface finish would be grainy and hard to work to a nice result.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
 Post Reply Post Reply