The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question - Body Parts Interchange 73 Torino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question - Body Parts Interchange 73 Torino
    Posted: 27-April-2021 at 5:34AM
I am wondering what body parts off any other years will fit my 73 gran torino? I need doors hood trunk and quarter's. Front and rear floor pans and trunk pan. I know its a lot but this car was my grandfather's so I'm getting it done. 
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 8:54AM
The very front is unique on each of the first years, the headlights, bumpers, the very front shapes differ on those main parts. The inner structure parts most will swap, interiors you can mix from 72-79, Gran Torino's to Cougar and TBird, Elite, LTDII. The doors you will need from a 72-76 GT only, and watch the trim outside, the wide trim has special mounting studs behind them on the doors. You can use a hood from any 73-76 Gran Torino I believe. Lots of things do swap, those are the high points from what I recall.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 8:55AM
Thank you thats helps tremendously 
normand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 9:05AM
Doors are the same 72 - 76.  The molding can vary.  The windows are different between the Sportsroof (fastback) and Formal roof.  There are also tinted and non-tinted windows to consider.  

Quarters are the same 72-76.  A company named Tabco produces them and are what most have used here including myself.  NOS is always best, almost impossible to find and afford when you do.

I didn't have to replace the floor or trunk pans on mine.  I see some floor pans are produced now but can't comment on quality.  Others here will certainly be able to answer that question.
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 9:10AM
Awesome thank you for the help
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 12:06PM
There are repro floor pans, but they aren't very good (or so people have reported).  One option is using Mustang floor pans, as seen in this thread here:

Look around the forum.  We have lots of sticky posts with info, like the above post about floor pans in the autobody forum.  There is more info on this forum than anywhere else about these Torinos.  Just take the time to look through each section.

For the trunk pan, look at this project thread where one was fabbed:

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 12:07PM
Thank you 
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 1:33PM
  Last year there was a guy on one of the facebook groups who scored seventeen oem floors for nothing. We were telling him to sell one so there could be a mold made for new panels. Not sure what his name is or what happened to the floors.

Edited by handsofstone - 27-April-2021 at 3:04PM
Cking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2021 at 1:52PM
Dang I need to know him
 Post Reply Post Reply