The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

floor console measurements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: floor console measurements
    Posted: 25-August-2021 at 6:04AM
I know there some were on hear but can't find them.
pete rad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete rad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2021 at 7:16AM
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2021 at 10:40AM
any specs on were on the floor the brackets go
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2021 at 1:05PM
I used my 72 floor shift car as example when I drilled and cut the holes in the floor. I think I will have to do that again when I swap the console to my newest 73(column shift). I won't be to that point for a year at least, if nothing turns up I'll record the locations next time.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2021 at 2:09PM
Bob, I have pictures somewhere. They probably came from someones thread here,
This thread has pix with dimensions page 1, about 1/4 of the way down

Edited by Big Bird - 27-August-2021 at 2:17PM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2021 at 3:00AM
that's the one can't copy though. I do not have hump to measure from .
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2021 at 3:42AM
Bob, the center floor brace is shown in the picture as well, just behind the hump. Back edge of the Floor brace is 10 inches from the hump,  Rear edge of center brace is 8 inches back from the back of the floor brace. 17 inches from rear of the floor brace to the console mounting screw holes in the rear brace.
Set the brackets in place on your floor, tape them down and check they line up with the console holes.
Once those are in place, use the console to locate the front bracket.
These pictures are what i used for locating my brackets. I mounted the center bracket, then put the rear in place and checked with the console before attaching the rear to the floor. once those were in place I used the console to line up the front bracket.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2021 at 8:25AM
Maybe this fall or winter. did seats like 2yrs ago. Thanks again     you should live closer.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2021 at 3:11AM
Might be easier locating the back bracket to install long screws from the bottom of the bracket and slip them thru the console to locate it. Take them out for final install. Thought of that after I did mine...
Location isn't precise/exact from the factory from car to car, so I'm not sure how they did it.
Maybe a plate type template? I located the brackets one at a time and cut holes thru the carpet, so it might not be as exact as one installed before the carpet. I honestly couldn't think of a better way to install without making gigantic holes in the carpet trying to reinstall the carpet.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
 Post Reply Post Reply