FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Gran Torino Sport Fastback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Gran Torino Sport Fastback
    Posted: 20-February-2022 at 7:53PM
My mentality is: it's metal: Chop cut weld.
Like it or not, you have to be open to alternative metal.

Floor pans, look to a late model crown vic or Lincoln Continental. 
For replacement metal, some folks have used Mustang floor pans. Flipped them left to right but you have to search.

Trunk floor pans, Chevelle 70-72 would work. Same for Oldsmobile Cutlass/442 of the 70-72 era. It's not exactly the same but it's metal.

#chopcutweld
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Greg73Oregon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg73Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-January-2022 at 6:13AM
Look in the "Project Forums".  A member is in the process of replacing his floor pan issues.
The title of the post is: 

My '73 Torino - Slow return to her prime

GKF
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2022 at 1:58PM
Back when I was working on my car's restoration, I ran into the same problem; then one day I stumbled onto a 1976 wagon with immaculate floors.  The shop cut out the whole floor from the firewall back and with a little fabrication... Perfecto. Paul
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
JFN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2022 at 7:25AM
This really sucks as all second hand floor pans are trashed. I will keep looking thank you for this information.
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2022 at 4:43PM
nowhere if you want new ones...the "stamped" repros are average at best and aren't very similar....i (meaning my fabricator) will be fitting 71-73 Mustang full length pans in mine in the near future and will post how it goes...i do foresee some modifications..

good second hand ones or fabricating pieces to fix yours are your only options if you want to keep the stamping as per factory...
JFN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2022 at 12:45PM
Would anyone know where I can get a full floor pan for my 72 Gran Torino Sport Fastback
 Post Reply Post Reply