The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New car for the Mrs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New car for the Mrs!
    Posted: 11-May-2022 at 6:58PM
So the Mrs shocked me last month saying she was selling "Eddy", her beloved 59 Edsel Ranger.
1st thought was O Oh! now she'll be all over my Torino..... lucky for me within days of Eddy moving on, i caught her searching out cars.... after me outright refusing to look at some & her getting the sh*ts, she got me interested in one..... turns out its a beauty & after going over it etc, we grabbed it.

66 Thunderbird Landau, 390fe, c6, 9", 52k miles. Shes spoilt for luxury now after Eddy.

Al
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2022 at 7:23PM
Hope you’ve still got a wide collar rayon shirt in the back of the wardrobe for cruising in that….

and you’d better start growing the mo now…
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2022 at 7:33PM
Originally posted by Compton Compton wrote:

Hope you’ve still got a wide collar rayon shirt in the back of the wardrobe for cruising in that….

LOL
Al
DJsTorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJsTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2022 at 3:55PM
I really like the early to mid-60s birds. They seem like awesome cruisers and the interiors look like an incredible place to be. Are they as comfortable as they look?
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2022 at 5:18PM
Originally posted by DJsTorino DJsTorino wrote:

I really like the early to mid-60s birds. They seem like awesome cruisers and the interiors look like an incredible place to be. Are they as comfortable as they look?

Yes surprisingly comfortable! Mrs is blown away by all the trinkets & embellishments.

What got me was how good the brakes are & then discovered the twin piston calipers up front.

Al
Yellosn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yellosn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2022 at 7:55AM
That back seat! 😎
Troy Emerson
Eugene, Oregon
1972 GTS 4speed
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2022 at 9:46AM

"Growing the Mo"...
Moe Howard or Moe Szyslak???
Cool Car either way.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
mkshelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkshelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 11:49AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

"Growing the Mo"...
Moe Howard or Moe Szyslak???
Cool Car either way.
Tongue ha ha! both of those Moe's don't have a mo.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually UNinventing the wheel"
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 11:51AM
Very Nice T-Bird.  These mid-60s Thunderbirds are among my favorites.  
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 12:35PM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Very Nice T-Bird.  These mid-60s Thunderbirds are among my favorites.  

cheers mate,.... Mrs drove off this morning with a big smile on her face, off to our local coffee & cars she helps run.
Al
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 12:43PM
Very nice.  Special car for a special lady! 
Steve M.
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2022 at 4:30PM
Originally posted by Steve M. Steve M. wrote:

Very nice.  Special car for a special lady! 

thanks fella!
Al
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 6:28AM
That is a very nice looking Thunderbird. My step Dad has a 63 thunderbird with the 390 in it. They are beautiful cars. Very niceClap
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:10PM
Originally posted by Travis91 Travis91 wrote:

That is a very nice looking Thunderbird. My step Dad has a 63 thunderbird with the 390 in it. They are beautiful cars. Very niceClap

Thanks Trav, always liked them. but never realized what long list of cool items they had. Was interesting getting up to speed on the FE engines too, which i previously knew nothing about. 
Al
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:15PM

Aw yeah! found out what the Mrs got up to after Coffee & Chrome ! ..... while poor old Cinderella here was at home........

Al
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:22PM

Al
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:24PM

Al
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:25PM

Al
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2022 at 10:26PM

Al
DJsTorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJsTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2022 at 4:18AM
That bird is in gorgeous shape inside and out. The Mrs. scored a heck of a car. Awesome that she's enjoying it so much already. 
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2022 at 5:16AM
Excellent pictures. Man all those cars look very nice. That Thunderbird is beautiful. Glad you are enjoying them. Looks great.
AUS GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUS GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2022 at 12:07PM

Thanks guys, her Edsel was in really good nick & got a lot of attention being so rare over here, but without power anything, so the T Bird is much more comfortable & safer.......

Al
 Post Reply Post Reply