The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

paint options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewy68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint options
    Posted: 21-July-2022 at 5:08AM
repainting 1968 Torino GT fastback. originally Meadowlark Yellow with light nugget gold interior. I was wondering if this color is desirable or if there are any other good options that match the gold interior.
Stewy68
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2022 at 7:02AM
Welcome Stewy68. You can choose many different colors to work with that gold interior. Anything from white, black, or blues for example, those can contrast beautifully with the interior color. Using a yellow or similar shade may be harder to visualize what the end result will be. But I'd bet many colors can look very nice with your interior color.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2022 at 7:38AM
Hey there Stewy,
My '69 has light nugget gold interior as well.  It was ordered with C code "Black Jade" and has gold stripes.  I think it goes well with the interior, but I'm kind of biased Smile.  It's a color that's looks greener in the daylight and almost black in the shade or at night.  A few pics below:

Edited by schufitz - 23-July-2022 at 8:00AM
Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
Stewy68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewy68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2022 at 9:50AM
great looking car! I would like to go with the gold c stripe to match the interior.  I'm just not sure if the original Meadowlark yellow with gold c stripe will look good. I'm considering royal Maroon, Indian Fire, or presidential blue as an alternative.
Stewy68
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2022 at 11:33AM
Thanks.   Here's a hardtop that was on BAT a while back that may help visualize. 

Dave
1969 Torino GT/351W 2V/FMX/Vinyl Top/Black Jade/Gold Stripes/Nugget Gold Buckets/Console/Racing Mirrors/AC/PS/PDB
 Post Reply Post Reply