The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual pionts 351cj?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderslober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual pionts 351cj?
    Posted: 26-July-2022 at 9:31PM
QQ……was the distributor on the 72/351cj/4sp originally a dual points? Originally…..
I think my car still had its original distributor and itbwas single points…….but that could have changed through the years though….

Thanks.
Yellosn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellosn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2022 at 7:46AM
This is the one that came on my ‘72/4speed. It has a date stamp of 2C27 and the car was bucked on 4/26/72.  I have had a hard time finding much info online with pics and part numbers. The only info I found was the short forum entry on BOSS302 registry from 2007. I’d like to learn more about whether/ how often these were installed in automatic cars and correct vac advance canisters. I think mine is factory, but I’ve seen some pics of the one piece style as well.Anyway, hope this helps.

Troy Emerson
Eugene, Oregon
1972 GTS 4speed
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2022 at 6:18PM
Is that two DeWalt tools there? Trying to figure out which ones they are. I suspect one is a light. Lol
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2022 at 4:39AM
Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

Is that two DeWalt tools there? Trying to figure out which ones they are. I suspect one is a light. Lol

Do you like the Dewalt 20v tools? I ask because I have several brands, I began with just the two Craftsman, 19.2 and 12v Nextec. Then as I needed other tools and certain brands had better choices, I discovered how to mix batteries.

I love the Milwaukee yard tools, I had tried a couple of my neighbor's, and had already bought an adapter to use Dewalt batteries for my C3 tools. They make one for the Milwaukee tools also, which those brand batteries are about the highest. So I got the Milwaukee yard tool set without batteries. The adapter was about $22, and now I use the 20V Dewalt batteries for the line trimmer, pole saw, edge trimmer, and the nice long hedge trimmer. All of the batteries are very expensive, but let's not buy a bunch of every brand.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:21PM
The dual point distributor that came on my car had a vacuum advance with two vacuum ports.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:47PM
Originally posted by 72 RS 351 72 RS 351 wrote:

Originally posted by handsofstone handsofstone wrote:

Do you like the Dewalt 20v tools? I ask because I have several brands, I began with just the two Craftsman, 19.2 and 12v Nextec. Then as I needed other tools and certain brands had better choices, I discovered how to mix batteries.

I love the Milwaukee yard tools, I had tried a couple of my neighbor's, and had already bought an adapter to use Dewalt batteries for my C3 tools. They make one for the Milwaukee tools also, which those brand batteries are about the highest. So I got the Milwaukee yard tool set without batteries. The adapter was about $22, and now I use the 20V Dewalt batteries for the line trimmer, pole saw, edge trimmer, and the nice long hedge trimmer. All of the batteries are very expensive, but let's not buy a bunch of every brand.
  I have a full set of Dewalt as well as some Milwaukee cordless tools. They all wear out over time but anything brushless is better in my mind.
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2022 at 8:05PM
Originally posted by lynchster lynchster wrote:

The dual point distributor that came on my car had a vacuum advance with two vacuum ports.

thats how my 4spd cars distributor was, sold it for insane money. From what I gather, no auto cars came with a dual point dist, was a 4spd only item.
 Post Reply Post Reply