The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

seat wires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdiscovery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: seat wires
    Posted: 30-August-2022 at 10:25AM
good gentlemen, I have disassembled the front seat to reupholster, and I have found two pins and in the center some cut cables, I have looked in the belts and on the floor to see where they could be connected and I have not found it, could you tell me where or what are they?

Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2022 at 12:42PM
what year is the car?

keep digging, there might be a contact switch hidden in the foam

the harness plug might be under the carpet?

72 GT Ute

78FordLtd2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78FordLtd2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2022 at 12:45PM
If these are bucket seats, both seats contain a solenoid that releases the locking mechanism to the seat backs. Im not sure if the bench seats contain the same solenoids but its likely they fo as well. The wires on the floor should  lead to the door jamb light switch. 

I have noticed with my LTD ll, the seatbelt warning light and buzzer switch is in the seatbelt retractor and not in the seat. 

You can hear the solenoids click when you open either driver's or passenger door.

Hope it helps
Jdiscovery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdiscovery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2022 at 8:41PM
thanks for the answers, sorry I didn't say it's from a '74 gran torino, i'll keep looking to see where the connector is, but there's nothing on the belts, i'll look on the carpet to see if it's hidden somewhere
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2022 at 12:05PM
I think that is part of the starter interlock system, a one-year-only (1974) bit of nanny-state malfeasance. There were sensors in the seats that told the car not to start if there was a seat occupant who didn't put his seatbelt on
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
 Post Reply Post Reply