The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)
    Posted: 18-March-2023 at 2:25PM
Have decided to just stick with the manual AC due to the likelihood of not finding all the necessary bits and the condition of those that I do...

Thanks all 👍

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2023 at 12:15PM
Nice, I didn't know those had the ATC in them. I have seen the components on eBay over the years, but never thought hard about trying to collect or install them. My donor truck(for the body) has no AC, so I have to retrofit something for AC.

Since my truck has less holes in the firewall, I have considered comparing the AC box of my other one, to a spare EATC box I have from my first Mark VII. The Mark VII has basically everything in the dash, in one assembly. If I thought I might have space for the EATC control, dash panel, I might see if that could work for mine.

I hope you will find all of those pieces for the ATC, that would be nice to have in the vehicle. Best of luck,
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2023 at 11:10AM
Hey guys, 

Has anyone messed with the ATC on our cars? Was thinking that since I'm pretty much cloning the remaining season 2-4 TV Hero Torinos, I may as well also add ATC in place of the standard air conditioning IF I can locate all the necessary parts and discuss the ins and outs of the system with someone who has the setup on their car.

That is the last remaining option I need to incorporate into my build to have mine pretty much optioned just like the TV Heros.

Thanks for your input.....

Edited by TV 2M8O - 17-March-2023 at 11:16AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply