The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from Germany Selling 76 SH Tor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from Germany Selling 76 SH Tor
    Posted: 24-May-2023 at 8:28PM
Hello everyone,

my name is Karsten. I am absolutely new here in the forum. So far I've only read along. I come from Berlin in Germany.

Please excuse my bad english. Here in Europe almost everyone speaks German. :) The reason for my registration is that I own the starsky76 car and would like to sell it.

I bought the car in England 11 years ago. The car is in perfect condition and is a proven Ford Original (S&H).

Here in Europe nobody has any idea about such special vehicles. My research resulted in only 5 originals across Europe. How is it in America? Are you more interested? Apparently there are only about 200 left worldwide.
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2023 at 1:29AM
Welcome. You’re at the right place now:)

Funny, when I was in West Germany back in the 1980’s, almost everyone spoke English. I was fluent in German though.
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2023 at 8:59AM
Welcome, this forum is a great place to connect with people interested in any S&H model, to sell or restore.
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2023 at 1:52PM
Welcome aboard. When upgraded to full membership post it in the classifieds. And get some pictures posted as well.
Karsten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2023 at 11:03PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I joined the forum because starsky76 documented the restoration of the car in great detail.

@hogfiddles: You're right about that. However, my English is already from the 80s and has suffered a lot in the past 45 years :)

There are complete pictures of my car here in the forum under "76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS". The condition of the car has not changed. The car looks newly restored. I haven't ridden it much lately.

I drove the car 3 times to the "Power Big Meet" in Sweden and drove the car myself from the UK to Germany. No problems except left-hand traffic in UK :)
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2023 at 1:22PM
Welcome Karsten! You've been upgraded so you can upload new pictures or your Torino and post a classified ad.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Karsten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karsten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2023 at 9:18PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks very much. I have already posted a time here in the forum: https://forum.grantorinosport.org/original-sh-ps122-germany_topic20771.html

I am trying to find out if there is interest in my car in the USA and if a re-import is realistic.
 Post Reply Post Reply