The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1975 Torino Central Florida - Parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigg2045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1975 Torino Central Florida - Parts
    Posted: 27-May-2023 at 11:26PM
Hi everyone glad to be part of the group! My son and I are working on his classic car, a 1975 Gran Torino. We are working through 3 key items right now. Rear bumper which is really badly rusted. We've got a new bumper and brace, but the brackets that the brace mounts to on his car is badly rusted. Wondering if there is something I can do to replace them other than scouring around junk yards?

Next for us is brakes and bushings... lots of bushings LOL

Thanks again for this group and patience when newbies like my son and I ask a question that's been answered 100 times ha. We'll do our best to search first!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2023 at 1:16AM
Welcome!  I have upgraded you to a new member so you have full forum privileges.  Post some pics of your '75 Torino or feel free to start a project thread.

We have information here on the forum on bushings and suspension:

Brakes:

As for the bumper parts, post a want ad in our classified section.  We have several members with parts collections that may have what you are looking for.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
hogfiddles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2023 at 1:50AM
Trust me..... we don’t mind answering a million questions when people are actually asking to legitimately learn.  Many of us here are teachers or former teachers——- answering a million questions, or answering one question a million time is what we do every day.

Dave Fox
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2023 at 3:20AM
I'm over in Holiday and hav various trim pieces. If I come across any parts, I'll let you know. 
Steve M.
trigg2045 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigg2045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2023 at 11:12PM
Thanks! I'll be in touch because we definitely will need some trim pieces.
 Post Reply Post Reply