The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LTD II Sport C-pillar trim (no opera window)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LTD II Sport C-pillar trim (no opera window)
    Posted: 10-April-2010 at 9:06AM
I have a 77 LTD II  4 door that I have been making SLOW progress on converting it to a LTD II Sport 4 Door.  Today I went to a salvage yard that I found a 78 ltd II sport.  I pulled the interior c- pillar trim to replace the one in my 4 door after I get rid of the opera window.  They are a no go as far as fit.  I was going to cut them to make them work, but one of our forum members has the correct ones that I need.  So my question is.  Does anyone need the panels for a 2 door?  If I'd sell them I'm not trying to get rich, just  cover the cost of me purchasing the correct ones.

Starting with this

Looking to make this

Tom
1972 Gran Torino Sport 4Spd
1974 Montego wagon "GT" with GT hood, correct buckets
seats, console, and floor shift
2013 Focus 5 speed- Daily driver
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2010 at 9:20AM
I don't need them, but what else did that sport have? :)
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
72sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2010 at 9:30AM
It a bucket seat console car.  A buddy of mine is going back for the console and steering column.  The bucket seats weren't great.  I didn't look real close, but I think that the frames would be trash( floors were rotted out).  There was another out there with T-tops, but the roof was really rusty, but the t tops were nice.  What are you looking for they had a lot of 70s Ford intermediates.  I might be able to get what you need. 
Tom
1972 Gran Torino Sport 4Spd
1974 Montego wagon "GT" with GT hood, correct buckets
seats, console, and floor shift
2013 Focus 5 speed- Daily driver
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2010 at 2:53AM
Meh, nothing in particular, a cheap tilt :-) lol. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
78sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2010 at 12:43PM
So what's with my 78 sport having a tilt wheel that tilts itself without the lever being moved? Doesn't take much pressure to pull it and slip the tilt slots. I thought maybe design issue.

78 LTD II sport touring edition
johnnyride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-July-2010 at 8:09AM
Originally posted by 72sport 72sport wrote:

It a bucket seat console car.  A buddy of mine is going back for the console and steering column.  The bucket seats weren't great.  I didn't look real close, but I think that the frames would be trash( floors were rotted out).  There was another out there with T-tops, but the roof was really rusty, but the t tops were nice.  What are you looking for they had a lot of 70s Ford intermediates.  I might be able to get what you need. 

Hey 72Sport...
I'm new to the group and  just picked up a nice 78 LTD T Top.  Do you think that yard still has those T Tops?  It might be safe for me to have a spare set.Smile   If so, would you like to make a few bucks?  Thanks, john  
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2010 at 12:31PM
were is this junk yard. Im new to this site.Live in Ithaca,NY area.Have a 79 sport That 4dr is sharp, were did you get the strip.
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2010 at 2:55AM
Does that inc the piece behind door next to seat or just top part.I need the lower pieces.
 Post Reply Post Reply