The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bubba's 351M/400 website re-hosted here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubba's 351M/400 website re-hosted here!
    Posted: 22-May-2010 at 2:30PM
http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/index.html

Thanks to Occupant for locating the long-lost BubbaF250 M-Block Workshop webpage. For those of you who don't know what this was, from 2000-2003 Dave Resch (aka BubbaF250) created and maintained an extensive website dedicated to the 351M and 400 engines. It was and still is the best website ever made for these engines, and was certainly a very big part about raising general awareness about these engines (and I would estimate part of why we see more 351M/400 activity today).

Sadly,
it seems he last updated his website in December 2003, made his last post to the ProjectBronco.com discussion forum in January 2004, and then simply "disappeared".

He had mentioned on his website he was moving. It seems he never got back online.

Unfortunately, BubbaF250's site disappeared in late 2007 and all attempts to contact him have failed. It seems likely that Dave may have become ill, or alternatively is no longer able to maintain his website.

Given the value of the information contained in Dave's site, I decided that the Bubba's M-Block Workshop would be reconstructed  from the "way back web archive" site, and will be maintained on GranTorinoSport.org until Dave's site is once again active. I am sure you will appreciate Dave's great contribution to the 351M and 400 engines (even if you are not a fan of them)!

Enjoy!

Scott Eklund

Webmaster
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2010 at 4:10PM
There are some missing pages and all but I don't think it's anything we can't reconstruct in likeness to the remaining portions of the site using readily available data and part numbers. I wish my wife wasn't keeping me so busy with research and data entry, I'd spend some time on it. I haven't updated my blogs in months and my car lot website is only half complete. I need to get on that, too, now that I know I can sell as many cars 25+ years old as I want with no fines or anything. Beater World could be for anything 1985 and older only then.
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
stuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2010 at 5:25PM
 thank you and thank you, very good Clap
michigan
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2010 at 7:13AM
The website was certainly a work in progress. He had ideas of what else he was going to add, it is sad he did not get to putting it all in there. Obviously he knew his M-blocks very well.

Also, as you will notice there are some pictures on the website that state "photo permanently lost". I custom made those images to fill in where I could not find the source photo (or even a source thumbnail). Sadly, some of the work is gone forever.

Not anything that we can not reproduce, though. I agree that we can begin to piece together the missing data and even enhance what is there. I have a great deal of source material to start with. I'll try and figure out what he wanted to put there that perhaps I have access to and use that as a starting point.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
twintornados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2010 at 4:41AM
On the webiste, there is a picture of the engine bay and it has a full chromed Ford Motorsport air cleaner cover...I have searched the Ford Motorsports website and cannot find it...any ideas? 
Sold the Elite so now the hunt is on for my next "toy"...
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2015 at 5:24PM
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply