The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone needs to put down the crack pipe!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone needs to put down the crack pipe!!!
    Posted: 08-July-2010 at 11:57AM
I checked this car out when he was asking $500 and the thing was trashed then, now he's asking another $250 on top of that!!!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/1832146689.html

The pictures don't even begin to show what's wrong with the poor car, rear window is about to fall out due to rust, hole about the size of a golf ball in the drivers side rear quarter, really all it has going for it is the fact that the interior is pretty nice looking.  The guy got all butt hurt when I offered $300 and said I already had an engine to go in it too.
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2010 at 2:07PM
He must think it went up in value for some reason. Maybe he wiped a booger off the steering wheel. That's a detail job. Those cost HUNDREDS don't you know?
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2010 at 2:42PM
I had a similar experience.  I looked at a 73 GTS in 2005.  A two owner car, but nothing special (H code, bench, column, standard gauges, vinyl top).  He wanted $5K at that time.  I offered $4K.  He said some nasty things.  I said I'd wait for a 72.  Flash forward to 2010.  Same car, now advertised for $7500.  Same owner, same car.  Feels like the twilight zone.  P~
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2010 at 4:28PM
It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't want to get the front end off it for my Ranchero.  The 2 tone paint along with the Elite front end, IMHO, would be one hell of a sexy car
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear
 Post Reply Post Reply