The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 27-July-2010 at 2:32AM
I have a 1977 Ford F-250 and a 1981 F-250. Is the brake booster universal, alternator and power steering pump and other part if you can suggest any.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 3:18AM
can't help with that one, but post pics so we can see your toys.

Always interested in old Ford Trucks!
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 4:19AM
Pretty sure no, they are different. Check RockAuto.com for part numbers and comparison pictures. If they match up, they are the same. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2010 at 5:08AM
Many bits will interchange. Especially if they share the same engine family. If they're both 351M/400 trucks, anything attached to the motor should be the same. Brackets, accessories, manifolds, motor mounts, all that.

According to RockAuto and LMC catalogs, the brake boosters are definitely different part numbers and won't work.

That is not to say that you can't MAKE it work, but be sure to measure the bolt pattern, the rod length and thread depth and type, and the pedal travel. You don't want no brakes. That's not fun. I once drove a Chevy Celebrity with only the parking brake working from Evansville Indiana to Dallas Texas. It was fun for me because I'm insane. But many other people wouldn't even attempt it.
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
nickchill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2010 at 1:28AM
thanks I think I will not try that seems to much work to save a little money but appreciate the advice thank you
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2010 at 8:36AM
Well if your master cylinder is good then the unloaded brake boosters only run $67 to $82 with reasonable core charges. Those are RockAuto prices as of this posting. You want a master cylinder tacked on, the core charge doubles and the price goes up another $20-$30, too.
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
Harris72GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harris72GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2010 at 10:15AM
I think O'Reilly's (Murray's) has parts that fit Ford vehicles and if you have time then try National Parts Depot: they have a catalog for Ford trucks.

Don
'72 GTS fastback

'68 Cougar GT

'09 Challenger R/T
 Post Reply Post Reply