76 elite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 76 elite
    Posted: 05-October-2010 at 7:27AM
f you get a list together, I have some driver quality stuff I'll let go REALLY cheap. From my old car.

As you can imagine, I'm sitting on quite a bit. 

Edited by Psquare75 - 05-October-2010 at 7:27AM
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
torinotroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2010 at 3:42AM
i need to find a parts car for this thing.with all the panels i need and taillights(one is cracked),floorboards and a bunch of misc stuff it would be great to have a complete parts car...but i doubt i ever find one in my budget right now.oh well
89 5.0 mustang, 5spd.,306,ecam,chrome ponys,under a rebuild

76 Torino Elite,351w,auto
torkair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torkair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2010 at 6:30PM
EVERY torino has to hit that "primer black" phase, it's a requirement to join the club!
72 Gran Torino "sport"- in progress

73 Ranchero GT- Q code-460/C6/3.25 open rear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2010 at 2:54PM
that is exactly what i am thinking...it will look pretty mean also.go with its sound...lol

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2010 at 1:41PM
FLAT BLACK PRIMER
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2010 at 12:41PM
thinking about making the car one color for now....primer gray or flat black...just til i start the body work and get it all looking great again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2010 at 5:15PM
thats too funny

occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2010 at 12:11PM
08 Uplander LS, 262K, broken again
08 Explorer EB, 195K, for the wife
still looking for another something
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2010 at 5:53AM
LOL. Arrrrrr yes maties, thare be thread pirates in them thare waters of this thread...
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 3:27PM
i dont think anyone was hijacking...but the hideous thing that was once a sweet elite does not deserve the bandwith it is using.well it is nice til you get below the frame...then....DeadOuchThumbs DownBroken HeartPuke

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 10:10AM
Late breaking news, you'll hear it first here!
And now with our top story of the day...

The Hi-Jackers have been apprehended! They are currently being questioned in connections with a rash of thread hi-jacking that has happened numerous times over the past few years.
Local Admin believes they have caught the culprits and know that justice will prevail!

And NOW...
Back to our regularly scheduled thread!

Edited by cowboyupdjcarl - 23-September-2010 at 10:11AM
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 7:47AM

LOL.
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinotroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 6:56AM
WHAT TO HELL IS THAT THING DOING ON HERE?????????????i know it is a n elite but its been molested big time.and don't worry my car will NEVER look like that.if i want a truck i will just go buy one.the car is in good hands now and it will not be done anything close to that.

anyways thanks for the compliments and birthday wishes.

73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 5:58AM
THAT is just so wrong on many levelsErmm
Jim

occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2010 at 1:46AM
Sometimes the impound auctions get these in and you know the owner or the tow yard operators aren't going to let those rims get off cheap, so they sell them separate and you've got a car with a lift sitting on blocks, or 4 donuts, or whatever.

I would very much like to purchase one with a blue flake bowling-ball swirly paint job, and then drive it around on the temporary compact spares. And only the temporary compact spares. All 4 wheels. Extra points if it has all the goodies: Rolls Royce/Bentley grill piece, extra lowered bumper in back to pass inspection, chrome or anodized aluminum side steps to ease entry/exit, air horns, color-dyed window tint, etc...

It would absolutely fit in with my life out here in the sticks, medium pimpin' it freestyle like I do. It would be inconceivable of anyone, of any background, any creed, any stature, to front on this. Nip it in the bud!

Gazoo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazoo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 5:35PM
A donk is of course a hi-riser modified American car, usually a 4 door sedan, though convertibles are used too.

A "donk" is a mid '70s Impala or Caprice, though sometimes also Monte Carlos or Chevelles were used.

A "box" is a late 70's - mid 80's Impala, the ones that are square and boxy.  Montes, Caddies and other "squared off" GM cars also are considered to be "boxes."

A "bubble" is a late 80s to mid 90s Impala or Caprice, the ones that are rounded off and shaped like a bar of soap - you know, the ones that were commonly used for cop cars in the 90's.  (Think Impala SS.)  I may be off a bit on the years, but hey I'm a Ford guy, not a GM guy.

The term "donk" is considered to have originated from either:

a) the Impala gazelle emblem, which apparently was interpreted by some owners as a donkey (must be good drugs, I guess), or
b) slang term for a large female booty.

Take your pick.

I'm embarrassed that I actually know this.

Dave
72 GranTorino "rat wagon" 351C, a work in progress

69 Mustang Mach 1, 351w, Borg Warner T5, rack & pinion steering, fuel injected
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 4:10PM
Ah, "DONK" is derivative of DONKEY which is a derivative of the original term JACK ASS.

I also tend to agree with Urban Dictionary #2 definition:
2.donk902 up441 down
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation. 
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.
That donk is fly and ridin high.
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 3:46PM
Puke
Jim

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 3:39PM
Maybe it was Trace Atkins' song....Honky Tonk Badonkadonk....LOL

Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 3:27PM
You f*#king got to be kidding me.............

What is a Donk?

Filed under: Donks - 29 Jan 2010  | Spread the word !

[Facebook]  [Twitter]

A donk is a car that has been customized with larger then the normal size rims, and low profile tires. Low profile tires are tires that have a low sidewall on the tires and are used with larger rims. It is a representation of the owners’ personality.

In southern California, these types of cars are seen everywhere. They are “pimped” out cars. There are car shows that these types of cars are taken to so that people can look at them and take pictures. It’s a contest to see who has the best tricked out car at the show.

These types of cars cost thousands to upgrade from a normal car to a donk. The cars that are older, such as a Chevy Impala is one of the types of cars that people who choose to upgrade the car to a donk choose. Many car enthusiasts prefer these older cars to the newer models of cars. They also typically pay a lot of insurance to cover the cars in case they are in an accident and there is damage done.

A definite draw back to the low profile tires is that they get bad mileage. They have to be replaced a lot more often the regular tires have to be. A tire blow out can damage those very expensive rims that cost thousands to put on the car. For the most part these cars are not for practical usage. They are more for show pieces rather then driving in freeway traffic at rush hour and possibly getting into an accident.

And I still don't know what (or where) they got the word donk and what it really means.Dead

Jim

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 2:48PM
not sure what it means but there actually a magazine dedicated to them...

Hope that helps!
Now you have been schooled!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 2:26PM
maybe donk is the sounds that makes when you hit them on the head Big smile
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 1:14PM
What the hell does "DONK" mean??????
Jim

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 7:05AM
They are called DONKS

cars with HUGE rims and tires that look like they are 4x4.
The bigger/taller the better in the DONK world!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
TopGear (TG) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopGear (TG) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 5:56AM
That would be cool if it wasnt' for the stuuuupid lift and wheels. Why would anyone do that? To be one of a kind. Just owning an Elite is one of a kind.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 5:45AM
Originally posted by Classicfitness Classicfitness wrote:

You found a fantastic car.  Way to go!!!!
Please don't turn your Elite into something like this though Wink

What in the white trash hell?
Really, reserve that crap for the damn impallas...first it was 13" dayton wires. Now it's semi truck rims on a 4x4 lift.
While I am happy to see an Elite saved {?!!!???} damn.
Ouch

Chris, where did you find those images. Any more?
I need torure in my life. Body looks damn clean though.
73GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 4:18AM

WHAT THE FRIG IS THIS???????? Please tell me it's a life size toy car.PinchThumbs Down
Jim

occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2010 at 2:54AM

I was having a good morning. No headache. No wife nagging at me. Got my work done early/ontime for once. Have a cup of really good grape Kool-Aid. And then you posted that Very Bad Thing.

Edited by occupant - 22-September-2010 at 2:55AM
Classicfitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Classicfitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2010 at 1:08PM

'72 GTS 351-4b Gold Glow

'75 Elite 400 Polar White

My car blog: www.fordtorino72.blogspot.com

antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2010 at 9:49AM
Happy birthday. Welcome to the forty's. I dont know much about Elites but I do like the looks of that one. Awesome find.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>