The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most amazing Mustang I've seen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most amazing Mustang I've seen
    Posted: 06-October-2013 at 9:30AM
Stopped by the Caffeine & Octane cruise-in this morning.  Started walking up on this Grabber Orange '70 Mustang.  But then I noticed what looked like a rear hatch.  I was thinking "WTH??"  Got a little closer and saw this up under the hood.

So, I walked around to the back, to see this.

At first I thought maybe it was built on a Pantera frame.  But then noticed "Ford GT" on the rockers and trunk trim.  Could this have been built on a modern Ford GT frame?  I can't imagine a vintage one.  Rear tires were 345-19s.  This car was an amazing piece of art.  Very high quality workmanship.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Figured y'all might appreciate it.

73 Baby Gran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 Baby Gran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2013 at 1:45PM
What is the drive line in that Stang!
One of Fords better ideas!
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2013 at 9:17PM
It seems to that I saw a Mustang like this in Hot Rod magazine. They put the body on a ford gt frame I believe. That car was extremely chopped and riding low. Cool pics.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply