The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front and Rear suspension upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeridr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front and Rear suspension upgrades
    Posted: 15-February-2021 at 6:22AM
Hey everyone.

I am looking into front and rear suspension improvements and was looking into the stuff from Heidts, but also found some interesting stuff coming out of Australia by the RRS guys..

Does anyone have any experience with the RRS Products? Their bolt-in solutions look pretty cool and very customizable.

Any help/opinions would be great.

Thanks

Jo
dan0R30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan0R30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2021 at 11:16AM
I have not, but I have seen those and have not ruled them out for the front. I'll be curious if someone has used them too. On the rear of my '70, I just had Eaton Detroit make me some customized heavy duty leaf springs and installed some KYB gas-a-justs. 
Dan

1970 Ford Torino hardtop - 351C 4V - FMX - 9" 3.89 TrueTrac
gregaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2021 at 2:06AM
On the front of my 71 Ranchero I went with Quick Time tubular a arms,  Aldan coil  overs, converted the PS to hydroboost to get rid of the Ford ram and junk hanging down and switched from the stock Ford brakes to Wilwood front and back. All so added the Borgerson steering gear.
In the rear I installed a Roush-Yates Detroit locker with Strange Axels.
On the springs I used Calvert mono leafs and their traction bars.
All though not as nice as the RRS system it was a lot cheaper.
Greg
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply