The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grill refurbish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973 429 torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grill refurbish
    Posted: 26-November-2013 at 1:35PM
Got a question for you guys.  Do anyone know of a company that can refurbish a grill for my 1973 Torino? I have three of them, and all three have broken fins.  Also what about a company that refurbishes the rubber inserts for the bumperettes on the front and rear bumpers and the rear bumper pad. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2013 at 4:52PM
bumper boyz in California refurbishes the rubber on bumpers.. they did mine on my 73 and I am quite happy with them...

you can see them in my progress thread

Edited by legend onirot - 26-November-2013 at 4:53PM
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2013 at 11:18AM
Big swap in Columbus OH at the expo center this weekend. It is an ALL FORD swap. My buddy and I go every year. If you went out there never know you might even find a grill for your car. I bought an N.O.S grill for my 74 ranchero for $40!!! Still had all the dealer tags on it.  Just a thought
DLW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2013 at 11:26AM
i sure would be interested if someone came across a nice grille for a '73.
i can't find one close and no swap meets around here that i know of.

Darrell
73 Gran Torino Sport

SeattleJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2013 at 12:46PM
If you have the patience and would like to fix the grills yourself you could check this out. http://www.eastwood.com/steinel-heat-gun-how-to-plastic-weld-plastic-welding-tool
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2013 at 3:38PM
Powerblock did a segment on grill repair using epoxy, they threw out some pretty good common sense tips that would definitely help a regular guy get it done. it starts at about 13:00 here,
http://www.powerblocktv.com/episodes/MC2013-11/copo-camaro-component-resto

and a forum link

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=16388.0
72 GT Ute

ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2013 at 4:25PM
i know a guy in the detroit area that repairs grills, Pm me i will give you his contact info
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-December-2013 at 1:27AM
Years ago, I had a 69 Camaro that had the corner busted out of the console. I rebuilt it the same way using a two part epoxy and it turned out great... you would never know it was damaged (unless you turned it over)!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply