The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

..."Australian" 351c 2V Heads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ..."Australian" 351c 2V Heads
    Posted: 16-April-2007 at 5:43AM
Hello All,

The donor car arrived this past weekend to help along my 1972 Q-code GTS project and included in the trunk full of goodies were a set of "Australian" 351c 2V heads.  Unfortunately, I have no way of identifying if they truly are the mythic heads.  There did not appear to be any casting codes or dates on them like US made heads; however, I did pull off the following info.  Can anyone help me to confirm if these are true Aussie heads?

22E8 (this code was cast into the top of the head)
A2D1AE
6090AC

(these two numbers were cast into the underside of the head near the exhaust outlets).

As always, many thanks,
Paul~
MontegoMan351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontegoMan351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 7:15AM
Small 2v style ports with 58cc closed chambers
1973 Montego MX, 351 Cleveland 2v SEFI, '88 LSC EFI harn. and Fuel rails, Adj. Fuel Pres. Reg., A9L Mustang Computer, 76 mm Mass Air Housing. W/R AOD, Lock Right Locker, Electric Fan. 3G Alternator.
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 7:24AM

MontegoMan351,

Thanks for your post.  Are you saying that these are Australian heads or are you giving me additional info on how to identify?

Paul~

torinospeed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinospeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 12:04PM
closed chamber 2v heads are killer
Q-Code 73 Gran Torino
Hurst 4 speed
351 Cleveland
Posi "9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontegoMan351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 3:26PM
Sorry I didn't clarify, that would be how to ID the heads.

1973 Montego MX, 351 Cleveland 2v SEFI, '88 LSC EFI harn. and Fuel rails, Adj. Fuel Pres. Reg., A9L Mustang Computer, 76 mm Mass Air Housing. W/R AOD, Lock Right Locker, Electric Fan. 3G Alternator.
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 2:58AM
Thanks for all the responses.  It appears that these are indeed the "Australian" casting 351c 2V heads which many articles indicate provide much more lower end torque and mate up well with the 351-4V block, so my plan at this point is to go with that setup for my 72 GTS Q-code.  The casting numbers are actually ARD1AE 6090 and appear on the intake runner for those interested.

Thanks again,
Paul~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontegoMan351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-April-2007 at 12:07PM
Those are 2bbl heads, right.  If so, and you're putting then where the 4bbl heads were, you'll need the aussie 2bbl head-to-4bbl carb manifold, or an aftermarket manifold.  Also, the exhauts headers/manifolds need to be changed for the 2bbl exhaust ports, or at least adapters made.

The block design is not different, unless you have a 4-bolt main engine.

FYI: It will be a great street engine with the aussies, with tons of low end grunt.  But, if you want a high RPM engine, stick with the 4bbl heads.
 Post Reply Post Reply