The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seat belt problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat belt problem
    Posted: 09-March-2014 at 10:33AM
Any one have a drivers side seat belt for a 72-73 Sport with buckets? Mine totally failed today after 40 yrs of service! The buckle jammed and we could not get it to release at all! Had to cut the belt! Cry
 So,if you have a black one available let me know,been looking around this afternoon and nothing yet.
Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2014 at 11:06AM
Buckey/Bench same part.  Just an FYI and it'll expand your search. 72/73 torino/montego/ranchero.
Mike
Montego01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Montego01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2014 at 10:33PM
I was comparing my 72 Montego GT and my 73 Montego MX last week and they were different.
The 73 had a flat smaller male and the 72 had a larger male end that was indented (so the buckles were different to).
Possibly because the MX had the standard interior and the GT has the deluxe?

I had found some NOS retractors (no buckle ends) about 5 months ago and just realized I couldn't use them (currently on ebay).

Scott
72 Montego GT 429 build thread
1966 Chevy C10
1973 Montego MX
2004 Bonneville GXP
Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2014 at 4:51AM
Well I am looking at a 3 point conversion kit that would give me a shoulder harness as well and will use all existing mounting points. Made in USA too! $229.00 think I will most likely go with this.
Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2014 at 6:13AM
I found 2 complete NOS seatbelt assembly's for my Ranchero here, much less $$ than having my originals worked on by a restoration company. If you find that you want to go back with "stock" belts, try these guys, they may just have what you need. Good Luck. Todd

www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2014 at 7:40AM
damn.  yes, forgot 73 is different.  ran into this myself actually awhile back.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply