The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone ever install an alarm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlachance112785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2014 at 4:57PM
Hopefully an update tomorrow!
77 Cougar XR7 460/C6
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 1:52AM
Good Lord, I never want to have to do this to one of mine. My hat's off to you for doing it, though.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
mlachance112785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlachance112785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 10:37AM
Ya, I don't ever want to do this again. In fact, if I don't have it functioning tomorrow, I'm ripping the damn thing out. I've never been one to have alot of patience, but when it's 80 degrees out, I have even less. 
77 Cougar XR7 460/C6
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 11:30AM
  What type of issues are you running into? Are the troubles you are experiencing with the alarm's add-ons or the alarm brain itself? When I installed or while attempting to install my alarm I had issues with relays not unlatching/shutting off power, after troubleshooting and contacting the alarm manufacturer, I found out the battery(under the hood) was on its last legs. X2 on the patience thing. I hope you get it figured out. Todd
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
Robbdtme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbdtme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 5:29PM
Take care of my twin. 
Johnny cash Special 74-75-76 freak. 77 XR7. 78 LTD II sport looks pretty but poop 302 in it.
Robbdtme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbdtme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 5:43PM
We are up north where the mexicans behave. We can leave keys in the cars always. We do not lock our house doors. Fat chicks stay away from us as the black men love fat really fat chicks.
Life is never perfect but is it ever...... Happy enough
Johnny cash Special 74-75-76 freak. 77 XR7. 78 LTD II sport looks pretty but poop 302 in it.
mlachance112785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlachance112785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 6:26PM
Update:

I thought I had everything connected. Which I did. With the exception of the power wire. Fixed.

-The keypad now worked. Lock Unlocked, and Unlock Locked. Simple fix, I had wired flipped. 

-Trunk release doesn't work. Probably something stupid. 

-Had no power windows. I forgot to plug the wire back into the fuse panel.

I haven't hooked up the siren yet, as to not piss the neighbors off too much. 

My biggest thing now though.. The switch in the drivers door for the door locks acts as if it's running of a dying battery (if that makes sense). It seems like there's barely enough juice for it to lock/unlock only that door a couple times, then nothing. But the remote for the alarm works just fine, as does the switch on the passengers door. 

I'm much less disgusted than I was earlier. I need to mount the trigger for the trunk/hood yet, and hook up the siren. I have the wires ran for that, just not hooked up yet. 

I'll take this as good news. Hopefully I have the bugs worked out tomorrow, and I can finally start getting this thing back together and driving.
77 Cougar XR7 460/C6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12