The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brackets 78 T-bird

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brackets 78 T-bird
    Posted: 09-March-2015 at 11:59AM
I am looking for these brackets that mount to the front fenders under the bumper. (see photos) I need both sides. So if anyone knows of a 77-79 t-bird or other midsize that has these please let me know. Thanks dan

here is where they are located on the front end take notice on the fender ends.

Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2015 at 2:55PM
I got them on these LTDII fenders I just pulled!

Send me a PM and I will pull them off in the morning and mail them to you.

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2015 at 11:22PM
So that's where those go!  LOL   I was pulling parts out of the trunk of my 79 Tbird, and noticed those strange aluminum pointy things.  Was wondering where those went.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2015 at 1:08AM
yeah they shove the fender down into the bumper in case of an accident.
They also help support the outer rubber/plastic bumper filler.

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2015 at 9:08PM
Dan, mine are in as bad a shape as those.
Did you need them because yours are rotted in the picture? if so, mine are no better or worse.

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2015 at 9:19PM
Yes the ones I have are the rotted ones in the photo. I have a guy in Kingman AZ hunting some down for me. Hopefully He will have some good news.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2015 at 10:25PM
sorry I couldn't help
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2015 at 11:24PM
Let me take a look.  I should have those somewhere.  And the car is rust free, so they should be good.  Since I'm swapping the Montego front end onto my T-bird, I shouldn't be needing them.  Everything is located up at my Dad's, so it might be a couple of weeks before I get back up there, if you can wait...
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2015 at 9:08AM
Originally posted by n2fordwagons n2fordwagons wrote:

Let me take a look.  I should have those somewhere.  And the car is rust free, so they should be good.  Since I'm swapping the Montego front end onto my T-bird, I shouldn't be needing them.  Everything is located up at my Dad's, so it might be a couple of weeks before I get back up there, if you can wait...
 I can wait but I also have another source checking into these for me as well. If he comes up with them first I will let you know. Thanks for your help. Dan
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2015 at 9:48AM
There is a 1978 ranchero being parted out, but i do not know if the brackets are the exact same as the 1978 thunderbird brackets. To see it Click here. 

There is also a 1978 cougar being parted out, but i do not know if the brackets are the exact same as the 1978 thunderbird brackets. To see it Click here.

dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2015 at 9:50AM
There is also another 1978 cougar being parted out, but i do not know if the brackets are the exact same as the 1978 thunderbird brackets. To see it Click here.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2015 at 10:18AM
The brackets are the same. any 77-79 t-bird, ranchero, cougar, or LTD II.

Edited by Big Bird - 12-March-2015 at 10:18AM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2015 at 2:41PM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

Originally posted by n2fordwagons n2fordwagons wrote:

I can wait but I also have another source checking into these for me as well. If he comes up with them first I will let you know. Thanks for your help. Dan

No problem.  Keep me updated.  I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2015 at 10:50AM
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply