The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hood hinge stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hood hinge stuck
    Posted: 08-November-2016 at 12:02AM
Hey guys. My hood hinges were left up while I had the hood off. Now they won't budge. Anybody got any ideas on how to get them working again. A buddy of mine told me to soak them in kerosene. I did that for a week or so but it didn't help. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Uncle Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2016 at 12:03AM
I tried spraying them with WD40 also.
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2016 at 12:07AM
Disconnect the springs first. Put them in a vice and start moving them a little at a time. They'll loosen up. I just freed up a set that had been out to the weather for 30 years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2016 at 12:26AM
Thanks. I'll try it. So put the part that bolts on in the vice and just work them with my hands? They won't move at all but I haven't taken the springs off. That may be the trick.
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2016 at 6:42AM
Almost impossible to work against that spring.
qcode72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qcode72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-November-2016 at 12:19PM
try using blaster penetrating oil on lower hinge part.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2016 at 2:07PM
UPDATE: My hinges work! Thanks for the advice stanman. Now just to get them aligned back up. But the hood is on and it opens and shuts.
stanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2016 at 2:50PM
 Post Reply Post Reply