The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INFO: teardown vids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INFO: teardown vids
    Posted: 27-September-2020 at 7:06AM
one thing i caught, dude says all output shaft speedo drive gears are the same, AFAIK there are 3 different tooth counts cut into the steel shaft.
some rear gear / tire size combinations are not correctable with the driven gear so you need to start with a suitable tooth count for your application

and another

Edited by Rockatansky - 27-September-2020 at 10:37AM
72 GT Ute

aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2020 at 12:37PM
Thank you for posting this Rock! Yes, 3 different spline counts, 7, 8 and 9. I do know the long tail shaft C6's have 7 splines/grooves for speedo gear.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2020 at 4:31AM
The guy's son was getting ripped pretty good by builders who specialized in racing applications. The young man kept saying how they were wrong and his dad is the best ever. It was humorous to say the least. 
   There are definitely many good builders out there and the videos are a wealth of knowledge.
   Building a trac-lok 3.25 9"  with guidance from a guy named Tom on YouTube.  Well done.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2020 at 12:23PM
Thanks for posting these Rock.  I made them stickies.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Bueller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bueller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2021 at 9:06AM
I follow these guys on YouTube..the old man is pretty knowledgeable, but I agree with you guys...there’s a lot of other good builders out there and not really necessary to trash talk the whole time. 
Would like to see some assembly videos from them. Seems like most of their vids are disassembly or Chevy videos

Frank
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2021 at 7:36AM
AODE/4R70W teardown

72 GT Ute

Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2024 at 8:34AM
IN the case of automatics vs the Toploader 4 speed stuff, I learned when I went to the 72 GTS, Toploader seeds gears and output Shafter speedo gear are an opposite helix of the automatics. Never understood why but FoMoCo Engineers probably had their reasons. 
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2024 at 8:35AM
Hey Rocky, not able to play that AODE/$r70W video? Bad link or removed?
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2024 at 12:15PM
FIDK, they went through some family crap not too long ago all their old vids got taken down

no telling why this one vaporized
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply