The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question: What the heck are they called ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question: What the heck are they called ?
    Posted: 19-May-2021 at 5:53AM
Hi

Maybe a dumb question but I have tried to find these and don't know what they are called:

I need the 2 little plastic (maybe aluminum?) blocks/spacers (or whatever they are called) that go at the bottom of the rear (large) window on a 68 69 fastback. They are black about 2" long x 3/8 wide x 3/8 tall and go in the channel of the window frame at the bottom to space window up while installing the sticky stuff and setting window. 

They got all rolled up in the weather stripping gunk when removing window and I threw them out like a dummy Cry.... Any help would be appreciated... Website etc or at least the name? I tried window spacers, blocks, mounts with no luck 

Thanks guys

Edited by JackOC - 19-May-2021 at 5:58AM
Jack H
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2021 at 7:58AM
I would not want metal to touch the glass, too leery of the contact point causing a crack/break. Try to find some 3/8" thick ABS plastic and make them yourself, using a table saw will help.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
piper62j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piper62j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2021 at 2:10PM
I believe they are all the same for Ford with the glued in glass.. look into these:3 OLD SCHOOL WINDSHIELD SETTING BLOCKS! FORD TORINO MUSTANG FAIRLANE GT 817-19Z | eBay
As long as the back glass is centered within the pinch welds and prevented from sliding down, you can use almost anything to support it.. I've used older tooth brush handles ( when they were square), cut up pieces of plastic shims glued together.. Just get the dimensions you need with the glass centered in the pinch welds and make what you need.. The set blocks just keep the glass from sliding downward and are hidden by the surround moldings.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2021 at 4:46PM
1972 + use a similar setting block at the bottom edge of the glass,

i figured i'll probably lose mine so i came up with using the rubber section of a universal exhaust hanger trimmed to size when i do
72 GT Ute

JackOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2021 at 7:55AM
Thanks guys, I actually did the 3/8 abs thing just cut little squares about 2" long seems right...I hope :-)
Jack H
 Post Reply Post Reply