The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

72 Gran Torino Floor Pans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72MLC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 Gran Torino Floor Pans
    Posted: 05-March-2022 at 3:10PM
So I searched and read all I could find before posting and think I made myself more confused. (Yes, I'm messing with a lot I've never done before) I'm attaching pics of what I have. I feel like the posts I have read sound like there are not good aftermarket floor pan replacements or they use from a mustang. So question is, did I just get the wrong things? I called several places and they all had the same stuff and said these were what I needed so ordered a front, under the seat and rear pan set. Cutting and trimming aside, these just don't look even remotely right to me. Do these look right to anyone? I can't seem to find posts with these or how the pieces lay. Thanks!
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2022 at 4:49PM
You’ve got the right ones as far as what you can buy for a Torino but you can see how different they are…not sure how they get away with it…

I just had 71-73 mustang full left and right pans put into mine…(pics on my build thread)….perfect shape to fit but the stamping is different….I was always planning on using different seats and seat mounts so wasn’t a problem but if you want to re use the factory seats and brace then there’d be some cutting and welding involved…not insurmountable tho

Choices you have are either try and make what you have work, custom fabrication (spendy) finding a good used one (rare), patches if yours aren’t too bad or the mustang ones which is where I’d be putting my money…cheap and readily available from CJ Pony…best of luck either route
72MLC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72MLC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2022 at 5:52PM
Thanks for the reply. Your post was the one I had read earlier and those looked like they went in nice. As I said, I'm new to so much of this and those sets I got just made zero sense to me. I have a friend coming tomorrow to look at things but those other pans from the mustang looks like it made life much easier. My floor is toast, so have to replace it all and no way getting away with patches. 
shanefolsom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanefolsom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2022 at 6:21AM
Those floor patches are not even close.  Not worth the effort.
I would agree with compton, he thread does look like it is the better way to go.  
1976 Gran Torino Limited #1
1976 Gran Torino Limited #2
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1969 Roadrunner
 Post Reply Post Reply