The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interior trim clips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior trim clips
    Posted: 07-August-2022 at 10:01AM
I'm installing the interior headliner side pieces and have a couple of questions on the clips.  I take it these somehow snap into the side roof brackets but not sure if their exact location is critical or as long as they are spaced out if that is ok.  Also does the headliner fabric have to be trimmed where they attach or is it done on top of the fabric?    I have three of the clips on one of the pieces but only one on the other.  Would two clips on each one be enough or will I have to source two more?  Thanks - dave

Dave - 1973 GTS N code
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2022 at 10:45AM
 formal roofs only require 2 but idk on sport roofs? looking at your pic im guessing 3
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2022 at 2:44AM
John, you know if the headliner has to be trimmed where they snap in?
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:24PM
The trim for my sportroof uses two per side. I don't know that it's necessary to trim away the headliner on the seam. I'm just about there but I plan on making the attempt without trimming.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 12:36PM
Chuck, John has a video on the liner install. Worth watching  and getting an extra set of hands. Yikes.
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 1:59PM
Yeah, I'm thinking you don't need to trim and the clip helps hold the headliner in place.  I found one more of my clips so I have two for one side and three for the other now.  I'll probably be installing them in the next couple of days and I'll let you know if I'm successful.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2022 at 7:17PM
 no you dont need to trim the headliner they clip over the lip.
 yes i did a headliner how-to been so busy i havent posted it anywhere yetConfused its through our brocks garage series though i didnt install the surrounding trim... its more to explain how to stretch and install the headliner i'll do a post with a direct link here soon...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply