The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quarter panel interchange?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torino75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarter panel interchange?
    Posted: 24-May-2004 at 9:04PM

Hi guys,

just found this good forum and just registered.

I am in the process of restoring my 1975 torino. I need quarter panel and started to look for some in my area and i found quarter panel off a 1972 torino. I have not bought it since i am not 100% sure it would fit good. The thing is the 1972 the bumper does not fit at the same place as the 1975. also, the lights are way different. Anyone here have done this or knows if it will actually fit? I am not worry at all as for the shape of it, it looks like the exact same shape, but then again i am confused by the bumber and light thing. Oh also there is a marker light on the 72 and none on the 75, but a metal patch and some mig welding will take care of that easily. Anyone here can help me with that ?

Thank you for your time.

Torinogts73c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torinogts73c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2004 at 8:33AM

You need to looking for 74-76 Quarter panel 72-73 are way different, and would require to many mods. I would look for the later years, they should be easier to find. Check Autokrafters in Va. also.

Gary 73 Gran Torino Sport 351CJ,17 Mustang Ecoboost,15 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD, Ford Ranger parts hauler

"Never complain Never explain" Henry Ford
David RRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David RRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2004 at 9:15PM

I have done a quater panel swap on a '75 Elite.

I found my quarters in Texas at Brown and Sons auto salvage. I would only use an Elite quarter for an exact match. I'm extemely happy with the out come.

David RRR in North Vancouver B.C. Canada

Edited by David RRR
DR
 Post Reply Post Reply