Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Small Block Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

351W Pistons & Compression Ratio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351W Pistons & Compression Ratio
    Posted: 02-August-2010 at 2:44PM
I imagine this topic has been beat to death over the internet, much in the same way it has for 460's, etc.

Looking to rebuild a factory 1975 Torino 351W. One of the things on the want list is of course a compression ratio increase - nothing crazy, just an increase to 9.0 to 1 or 9.5 to 1 (pump gas acceptable).

Since there were lots of heads and different configurations made over the years, choosing a precise piston is not that simple.

What I am looking for is some information sort of like the Bubba's M-block workshop stuff where all the data is listed and/or recommended pistons are listed to choose what I think I need. Since I am going to re-use the factory heads, etc I imagine the information is somewhere... I just don't know where that is!

Anyone know of a good resource to help me choose a piston to get 9-9.5 to 1 compression ratio?

Edited by GranTorinoSport - 02-August-2010 at 2:45PM
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
 Post Reply Post Reply