The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 speed conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 speed conversion
    Posted: 02-August-2010 at 4:42PM
  About a year ago  I posted this question received some very informative answers, printed out the information and now I cannot find it.  I have a 74 gran torino sport that I am restoring (photos will be posted soon) and I want to convert it to a 4 or a 5 speed I am either going to go with a 351 cleveland or a 351 windsor (opinions on this are welcome also) But to get to the point what specific parts do I need to do this I already have the pedal assembly z bar and some other brackets I would like to have every thing before I start I know that I need the Bel housing the trans and I think that I need another drive shaft or will have to have mins shortened.   Thanks in advance Conard Tongue
conard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2010 at 4:45PM
Last sentance should read I think that I need another drive shaft or will have to have mine shortned  Also If anybody has the needed parts for sale please contact me 
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2010 at 4:59PM
check out my  four speed thread.  http://forum.grantorinosport.org/gran-torino-sport-resurrection-its-dOne_topic3042_page1.html
 i have a few extra parts left over, PM me with needs. -pete
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2010 at 5:49AM
If by chance you need the clutch pedal rod, I have a couple spares. I have one that would need to be welded but is usable. {bushing on pedel broke and the pedal grooved it}.

Speaking of which, I had to make a new bushing for my clutch pedal, with a bronze bushing, amazingly enough, a local Ace Hardware had the stepped bushing, all I had to do was trim it down to length.

{sorry, random thoughts don't meant to ramble}
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
 Post Reply Post Reply