The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Small Block Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

302 Mexican Block ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordman53955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 302 Mexican Block ?
    Posted: 29-March-2006 at 10:15AM

I just seen this 302 it had two "knobs" cast into the block one on either side.  They are about 1-1.5" around and stick out about 1.5-2".  From my book it says that this is a mexican block.  Did they ever make a standard block with the "knobs" cast into the block.  The engine is in a 72 Torino but not sure if it's original.  If this is a mexican block is it worth saving.  The car was suppose to go up for sale and I don't want to do an engine swap if a 5.0 block is as strong.  Thanks

ponyman89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2006 at 10:14AM
I was just talking to my freind about the mexican block he said that if they have the knobs they are mexican if not they are american "weaker" block  
1979 thunderbird 302,c4
1974 ranchero 400,c6
sdjiricek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdjiricek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2007 at 3:03PM
should say "hecho en mexico" somewhere on the casting.  The heads will also say this when you take the valve covers off.
 Post Reply Post Reply