The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4spd speedo cable routing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4spd speedo cable routing
    Posted: 31-May-2011 at 3:44PM
was wondering if anyone could help me out with  factory routing of speedo cable on 72/73 torino with 4spd,finishing up conversion on my 75 torino,purchased an NOS cable for 72/73 4spd,I believe the part number is D2OZ D for c6 and 4spd using the same cable.does the cable rout over the top of the toploader to the pass side,because it isn't long enought to rout on the drivers side and loop to the pass side.I'm sure I have the correct cable because the engineering number state this is correct for 4spd torino,could anyone shed some insight on this.I was unable to find any pictures in original 72 shop manual or in ford parts cd.thanks for any help.john
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-June-2011 at 5:29PM
My cable on my 4 speed comes out the normal location behind the driver side cylinder head, and loops down, snakes between the body and the trans cross member.

I discovered my cable had been resting on my right header but had not melted all the way though, so I had to pull it off and zip tie it away from my exhaust.

I am running a cruise control cable though on mine, but with the speed sensor, and the cable, same length as the non-cruise control cable.

Not the best shot, but only one I can find right now.
Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
 Post Reply Post Reply