The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easy body removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy body removal
    Posted: 28-June-2011 at 9:13AM
I been parting out my 73 formal roof and sold the frame to a member who lives in N. Florida. anyway I already had the front fenders removed
We mremoved the front wheel wells and disconnected everything that attaches to frame from the body,Wiring harness,emergency brake cables,accelerator cable,speddo cable and ofcoarse all the body mount bolts.Since I don't have a lift the next best thing is a
Engine Hoist we attached a chain to the top of the front firewall and with a front tire removed slid the hoist in on the side to grab the middle of the chain and jacked the body up> We blocked the body up with a beam going across and lowered it down then moved the hoist to the back and attached the chain to the lower bumper bracket holes and then lifted the back of the body up.Make sure you lift the body high enough to clear the rear tires or you can do as we did and removed the rear tires and place a dolly under the center section of the rear so you can lower it but still roll the frame out.After the frame was clear we lowered the body down on blocks.

Engine hoists are very handy when removing a body off the frame

here is the rolling frame after we pulled the motor

Edited by 73 ProStreetTorino - 28-June-2011 at 9:15AM
Grande Verde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grande Verde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 8:33AM
very nice.
How did that battery apron look?
Harry
72 GTS 351W
02 F-350 7.3 PSD
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 10:07AM
the battary apron seem decent I just have to see if it is the same as a 72 but if blasted would clean up good
Grande Verde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grande Verde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2011 at 12:56PM
Originally posted by 73 ProStreetTorino 73 ProStreetTorino wrote:

the battary apron seem decent I just have to see if it is the same as a 72 but if blasted would clean up good

I will post a pic of the 72 apron in the other post later tonight.
Sorry for the hijack

Edited by Grande Verde - 29-June-2011 at 12:56PM
Harry
72 GTS 351W
02 F-350 7.3 PSD
srwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2011 at 1:38AM
thanks jeff, made it home fine. now to find time to start on it.
two loves, torino's and bike riding. drive and ride safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply