The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmizz181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poly
    Posted: 10-November-2011 at 6:00AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PST-Polygraphite-Performance-Front-End-Kit-1972-Ford-/200556928715?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1972%7CModel%3ATorino&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb21fdecb
Has anyone used or see these kits before and if so what are your thoughts. Would like to go through the front end and rear end this winter. Thanks
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2011 at 6:11AM
I did polyurethane from Energy Suspension. The PST stuff is supposed to squeak less. My ES stuff doesn't squeak at all. 

But yes, I've done five different vehicles with ES parts (Two Cougars, an Elite, my F100, and my Cavalier). Definitely helps to tighten up the car and loose the ocean going feeling. 
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2011 at 1:49AM
I used PST components for my rebuild about 2 years ago, and I love them. There is no squeak at all...

I would just make sure that the kit fits your manufacturing date. Some of the kits for 72's were only made for cars built before, or after a certain date. My car didn't fall into the dates, so I had to piece a kit together from several parts.
1972 Torino
iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2011 at 4:12AM
I have all ES stuff in the MGT but haven't driven it yet so can't comment yet.
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
tmizz181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmizz181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2011 at 2:54PM
Thanks for the input guys, I think I will go with the ES. Everyone says thats the way to go.
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2011 at 11:20PM
TMizz, 
if you go with Energy Suspension or other poly items (I did as well) note that the RED ones do not have graphite impregnated in them, and the black ones DO (at least in Energy Suspension, but I think they are all the same).
Graphite is good as it prevents squeaking, while the red needs to be lubed.  Just a heads-up. And I can tell you, it definitely reduces the 'cruise-liner' feel!!!
~Chris

Edited by crispy23c - 15-November-2011 at 11:21PM
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
 Post Reply Post Reply