The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

interior dye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote son of fett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interior dye
    Posted: 20-November-2011 at 3:26PM
hey guys,
My interior is that "groovy 70's brown" and my seats & headliner are shot, I scored a console from bay & some black door panels from the local yard, planning on going back with black procar buckets & console... an suggestions  on what type / brand interior "dye /paint" to use to make the rear panels "look" correct I want to make sure to get a "good" product that will not have trouble staying on the panels.
Any help would be appreciated.
 Thanks AL
67 mustang fastback, 83,84,85,88,95 mustangs, 73 torino sport 429,& not enough time!
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2011 at 9:58AM
Hey Al, I had really good luck with S.E.M. Products I think its the best product out there. I dyed a pair of kick panels and they came out perfecy also when my car was getting painted they used this product on my vinyl top .It looks factory finish and it comes in simple spray cans. Go on youtube and punch it up it will tell you about the prep work involved. As for your procar seats, be prepared im installing elite1200 seats and like other members stated the mounts are not even close. I used their seats and my tracks/floor mounts. Thats the neatest installation without drilling holes in your floorpan.I this helps you. Good luck...RICK
 Post Reply Post Reply