The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie interior question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie interior question
    Posted: 06-January-2012 at 4:47AM
I'm in the process of hunting down some parts for my 72 grand Torino. I haven't removed much on the interior yet and was wondering what year bucket seats will fit in a 72 without much trouble? I have a bench in mine now. I know of some that come out of a 71 but didn't know if they would be a pain to get in. I used the search engine on here but could not find a thread on it. Thanks.
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 7:09AM
I might be wrong but all the buckets seat from 72-76 should bolt on without any problem.
Now, your car is currently a  bench, so you'll have to drill new holes for the bucket. Depending on when you do it, I'll be able to take some measurement and tell you where to drill, I'm yanking my buckets soon
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 7:54AM
check out my project thread Project Nightphire 72 GTS as I took 97-99 Ford Explorer 6 way Power bucket seats and installed them as my car was originally bench.I had to modify the seat legs  in the back to angle them to fit the Torino seat risor and bent the fronts flat  but alittle  bit of modifying,cut and welding and it worked great.I welded some 3/8 nuts into the seat risor and used 3/8th body bolts that have the washer on them to bolt them in and now I got more comfortable buckets and the adjustabilty that the old buckets never had and wiring them is easy as it's only a power and ground, 2 wires to the seat as the controls are all on the side of the seat with all the other wiring and motors in the seat base.

The Explorer buckets are hiback and resemble the Torino buckets pretty good and they look like they belong in the car

Edited by 72 GTS 429 - 06-January-2012 at 7:58AM
DirtyDirty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 8:33AM
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm gathering some stuff I need now and looking at different options for seats. I'll wait on getting started till I got most stuff in place. I don't need to much on the inside. Only missing cigarette lighterand dome light cover.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 8:35AM
O. And dashpad.
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 9:16AM
Hey man, I have a dashpad... And I'm in LaGrange, GA... We should meet up some time!

BTW, I have a black 72 formal roof, with a 302, but with a 460 about to be dropped in... Are you trying to copy me? Smile

Edited by 72BoB - 06-January-2012 at 9:20AM
1972 Torino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyDirty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 9:27AM
Ha. I had some buddies telling me there was someone running round town with a 72. And yes I was thinking of putting a 460 stroked in mine with a 5 speed.
72BoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72BoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2012 at 10:09AM
I have to drive out to Pine Mountain to get to a Wells Fargo since for some reason there isn't on in LaGrange...

I had a friend say that they saw someone in another car that looked just like mine... But then again, they know nothing about cars so they probably just saw a large black car and thought it was me!
1972 Torino
 Post Reply Post Reply